Windows 10: DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II)

Discus and support DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi: I am trying to run Age of Empires II on HP EliteBook 8440p. This laptop has an NVIDIA NVS3100M graphics card. When running DirectX Diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IzWebUsr, Aug 6, 2018.

1. IzWebUsr Win User

DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II)

Hi:

I am trying to run Age of Empires II on HP EliteBook 8440p. This laptop has an NVIDIA NVS3100M graphics card. When running DirectX Diagnostic tool I see the following results:

DirectX Features:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled

Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled

AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

However, when starting AoE II I get the following error:

"Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your vdeo card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw".

Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

IzWebUsr, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

DxDiag Error

Hi,

To enable the Direct 3D feature on your device, we suggest following the steps below:

• Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe).
    • On the Display tab, verify that DirectDraw Acceleration and
      Direct3D Acceleration are selected under DirectX Features.
    • If either of these lines shows a Disabled status, click
      Enable
      for that line.
    • If multiple video adapters are installed in your computer, repeat steps 2 for each
      Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

We're here to help. We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Jan Del, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Something like AOE or Better

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've played any game.. totally out of game world.. I need some suggestions for games like AOE III and World of Warcraft. Is there any new version of AOE out?

smartali89, Aug 6, 2018
  4. DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II)

Unable to run a game. Error:'directdraw initialization failed (80004001)'

I have performed all the above tasks and I am still getting the same error message.

I have done a DxDiag report and it shows directdraw in enabled

StephenWalker2525, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II)

1. DirectDraw incompatibility even when diagnostic shows enabled (AoE II) - Similar Threads - DirectDraw incompatibility diagnostic

2. Can't turn on memory integrity even though there are no incompatible drivers showing when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on memory integrity even though there are no incompatible drivers showing when...: Hi,I have been attempting to turn on memory integrity without forcing it on yet when I press review incompatible drivers nothing shows up? I have tried many different solution and have even completely reset windows but it still won't turn on? All my drivers are up to date as...
  3. Can't turn on memory integrity even though there are no incompatible drivers showing when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on memory integrity even though there are no incompatible drivers showing when...: Hi,I have been attempting to turn on memory integrity without forcing it on yet when I press review incompatible drivers nothing shows up? I have tried many different solution and have even completely reset windows but it still won't turn on? All my drivers are up to date as...
  4. Can not enable Memory Integrity. Shows no incompatible drivers!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not enable Memory Integrity. Shows no incompatible drivers!: My Dell XPS 15 9570 has been running fine until a recent Windows update. A day later, I was informed of a security issue and that Memory Integrity has been turned off due to incompatible drivers. But it doesn't show me any!I've used Device Manager and gone through every...
  5. Can not enable Memory Integrity. Shows no incompatible drivers!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not enable Memory Integrity. Shows no incompatible drivers!: My Dell XPS 15 9570 has been running fine until a recent Windows update. A day later, I was informed of a security issue and that Memory Integrity has been turned off due to incompatible drivers. But it doesn't show me any!I've used Device Manager and gone through every...
  6. Not able to Install Age of Empires II or AOE 1 ; Both show unknown error code 0x00000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Install Age of Empires II or AOE 1 ; Both show unknown error code 0x00000001: Not able to Install Age of Empires II or AOE 1 ; Both show unknown error code 0x00000001 You may also see error code 0x00000001 Microsoft has published an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:Select the Start button in the lower-left corner of...
  7. AoE 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AoE 3: Does AoE 3 work on windows 10 on cd and digital download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aoe-3/61a22678-4c45-45a7-ae60-f20fec8aaefd
  8. old AOE II disks we have aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old AOE II disks we have aren't working: im testing our old disks and we have lots of aoeII ones and we have fond memories of the game so im trying to get it to work and it isn t working usin windows 10 nr...
  9. AOE II crashes to desktop after splash screen - Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOE II crashes to desktop after splash screen - Windows 8 and 10: Hello community, this is my first post here and having exhausted all the asocial options for fixing the problem at hand I have decided to join this forum to see if any of the more tech-savvy among you can help me out here. Since August 2013, I have been in possession of a...
  10. Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled: Hello! I'm puzzled. If I turn off windows firewall I can hit the FTP server from the WAN fine and even from the LAN. Turn the firewall back on and that port is blocked! When I installed IIS for the FTP server I added (ticked the boxes) for FTP Server in the firewall....