Windows 10: DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash

Discus and support DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this new W10 desktop computer for 3 weeks. Its primary role is for Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D v4 - a flight sim program. Since updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ray Proudfoot, Nov 29, 2018.

1. DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash

I have had this new W10 desktop computer for 3 weeks. Its primary role is for Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D v4 - a flight sim program.

Since updating the OS to 1809 (it was shipped with 1803) I have an unknown device in Device Manager which appears related to a USB device but as far as I can see all USB devices are working correctly.

The problem is P3D keeps crashing before reaching the Scenario screen. By a process of elimination and extensive checking I have discovered the crash is due to DirectInput crashing. I have several GoFlight USB devices connected for use in P3D. They rely on DirectInput and when the GoFlight executable is launched via exe.xml it crashes P3D. But I need the GoFlight modules.

If I perform a clean boot and run DXDIAG with admin privileges it crashes half-way through the process. I then run it again and a dialogue appears stating there was a problem with DirectInput and do I want to skip the test? I choose No and the process completes successfully.

If I then run P3D it loads succesfully and I can fly without any problems. Also, my GoFlight USB devices all work ok.

It seems there is a corruption of DirectX but with Windows 10 there's no way to reinstall it with a download. It can only be updated in Windows Updates and having run it it says everything is okay.

I suspect the DirectInput issue is down to this unknown device in Device Manager. Repeated checks for a driver have been unsuccessful.

I need help to repair DirectInput. Can anyone help please?

:)

Ray Proudfoot, Nov 29, 2018

2. KB4038788 causes Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D version 3.x to crash to desktop

Thanks Martin for your response.

What you suggest won't be possible though I'm afraid since I don't have that kind of time to invest to help you guys fix a security update of yours causing issues. Prepar3D is a very complex "application" and not the kind of application you uninstall/install
    in a couple of minutes with the Next-Next-Finish kind of approach.

Lots of people are confirming this issue and I'm pretty sure some of them already tried a fresh install still facing the same issue as long as KB4038788 is installed.

This is one place where you can read lots of reports from people having the same problem and I know there are other
    places with similar reports after installing this update.

Even better would be if you get in direct touch with the Prepar3D team over at Lockheed Martin found
    here so you can work together with them on this issue.

WebMaximus, Nov 29, 2018
  3. CurtisVL Win User
    KB4038788 causes Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D version 3.x to crash to desktop

Same issue, I also submitted to the Feedback Hub.

Prepar3D 3.x, crash is after loading into the world.

CurtisVL, Nov 29, 2018
  4. DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash

KB4038788 causes Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D version 3.x to crash to desktop

I found a workaround in the AVSIM forum:

I had the same load/crash Prepar3D v3 problem after windows 10 update to 1703 ...

and I can live with the following workaround:

Starting with loading Prepar3D Default ( this should do without problems)

and then load your favorite.

In my case is worked without further problems ...

ManfredSteinert, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash

1. DirectInput causing L-M Prepar3D v4 to crash - Similar Threads - DirectInput causing Prepar3D

2. Installing V4 Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing V4 Printer Drivers: I am having an Issue resolving EventID An error occurred while configuring print queue 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6'. Printer driver 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6' may not be used in conjunction with a non-inbox port monitor. This is happening when trying to install V4...
  3. Installing V4 Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing V4 Printer Drivers: I am having an Issue resolving EventID An error occurred while configuring print queue 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6'. Printer driver 'Xerox AltaLink C8155 V4 PCL6' may not be used in conjunction with a non-inbox port monitor. This is happening when trying to install V4...
  4. M.2 SSD Crashes for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Crashes for no reason: During normal usage of my pc has stoped runnign and return bios setting. When I checked storage in bios, I only saw one of my 2 SSD slot. I changed the slots for ssd didn't worked out. I made sure settings are ok in regedit, msinfo32. I'm not sure why this is happening as it...
  5. M.2 SSD Crashes for no reason

M.2 SSD Crashes for no reason: During normal usage of my pc has stoped runnign and return bios setting. When I checked storage in bios, I only saw one of my 2 SSD slot. I changed the slots for ssd didn't worked out. I made sure settings are ok in regedit, msinfo32. I'm not sure why this is happening as it...
  6. how can l make m wireless mouse turn the red light on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can l make m wireless mouse turn the red light on: l am getting mad please help me and talk me back today please and send me the next time I'll see how we should try again next weekend will take some more of this time for that purpose to help him and you should also give them what would we not sure yet yeah we got some things...
  7. how can l make m wireless mouse turn the red light on

how can l make m wireless mouse turn the red light on: l am getting mad please help me and talk me back today please and send me the next time I'll see how we should try again next weekend will take some more of this time for that purpose to help him and you should also give them what would we not sure yet yeah we got some things...
  8. BSOD l Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD l Crashing: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the minidump files I have for my crashes mean. All files are BSOD Minidumps File 1 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumwF0KrkArJ6l4mxdre0AdkUE81?e=c4HV1k File 2 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumwF0KrkArJ6l-Mx7DpuKubHqU2?e=OwCShf...
  9. net framework error v4, net framework v4 not registered on regedit,

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework error v4, net framework v4 not registered on regedit,: i dont know why, but after update the windows, I cant launch bunch of apps because this message,[ATTACH] and search solution at internet but still cant fixed after I check on regedit net framework v4 doesn't exits [ATTACH] please help me,...
  10. Printer v4 driver deploy issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer v4 driver deploy issue: My sytem configuration OS: Windows 10 pro Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Professional Version 16.5.4 WDK version: 10.0.18346.1000 Driver install - deploy - I am using manual configuration instead of automaticprovision I have create printer v4 driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. p3d crashing ha;f way through flight

2. p3d v4 crash