Windows 10: Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

Discus and support Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when I have successfully deleted its contents (in the temporary files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PianSa, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PianSa Win User

Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when I have successfully deleted its contents (in the temporary files in setup-systems-storage)

I just wonder why the folders are still there! Well, I’m just cleanings up and am curious if I can remove the folders.

TIA.

:)

PianSa, Aug 4, 2019
  2. gougmonk Win User

Missing subdirectory in Explorer

I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is gone! This has happened before in Windows 7 and 10 and the missing subdirectory is located under another directory. Not sure how they have wandered away but in the past I have simply located them and dragged them back to their correct location.

When I do a file search today for any of the files in VW I get a blank. Any idea where the VW subdirectory and files might have gone?

gougmonk, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

As the domain user (I'm assuming you are not Fred) can you do to a subdirectory of Fred and just do a copy and paste of a file out of the directory?

Kreij, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ... Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

1. Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ... - Similar Threads - Directories subdirectories still

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive still appears on File Explorer even after ejecting: See this screenshot, I've ejected my PenDrive but still it is appearing there. It didn't used to happen like this before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-still-appears-on-file-explorer-even-after/4834fc88-5c0f-4afc-8b19-7393f247651c
  4. Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005

Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005: Hello, I recently moved a bunch of files to another drive but two subfolders of a folder couldn't be moved. It said Error 80004005 which is what I read some kind of a security reason..If I want to delete or open the subfolders or the main folder it says that the folder is no...
  5. Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer: Skydrive continues to appear in Windows Explorer, although if I left click on it I get a "Location is not available" error message. If I click on properties it shows as a system folder but its size is zero kbs. OneDrive does appear under my user section of WE. Is there a...
  6. Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.

Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.: I wanted a complete path of directories and subdirectories. No files. For example, my file and path might be: D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txt I want: D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ How to do this?...
  7. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?: I'm facing a rather strange situation. I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it there is another directory named dir_00000000.chk. That one also has Hidden and System attributes. Now it's worth noting that...
  8. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10: I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists....
  9. Missing subdirectory in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing subdirectory in Explorer: I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is...
  10. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...