Windows 10: Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build

Discus and support Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Got a serious problem here Did a clean install of 1809 after multiple failed attempts at upgrading 1803 on Fri 14th Dec 2018 (supposed new build from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Angelus1971, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build

Got a serious problem here

Did a clean install of 1809 after multiple failed attempts at upgrading 1803 on Fri 14th Dec 2018 (supposed new build from MS).

Directories started disappearing from my backup drives today. No viruses or malware - did multiple checks. Reverted to the 1803 build on other drive, checked virus and malware and errors on drives, filesystem. No errors.

Need help as to why this is happening again. Thought this problem was sorted.

:)

Angelus1971, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Alan__B Win User

Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build

Windows 10 Latest build (1809)

Do you know if it will restore the FAT directory that is no longer pointing to my files and restore my deleted files lost after the 1809 build?

Alan__B, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build

1. Directories deleting themselves after 1809 fresh install with Friday 14th Dec 2018 build - Similar Threads - Directories deleting themselves

2. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  3. After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???: Hi guys, I would like to try windows build 1903 so I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1903.exe" file. Everything went smoothly during the installation process. But after the installation I checked via winver it still shows build 1809. So how can I install build 1903 on my pc?...
  4. As of 29 Dec 2018 Windows 10 (1809) no longer shuts down properly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    As of 29 Dec 2018 Windows 10 (1809) no longer shuts down properly.: Windows 10 no longer shuts down properly. It displays "shutting down" and then hangs. The computer is running Windows 10 Pro version 1809 installed on 21 Dec 2018. The shutdown problem began on 29 Dec 2018. Additionally Windows Update report an error ("There were some...
  5. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update: On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was flashing on and off repeatedly. In installation process gave a message to say that the installation was taking a long time...
  6. Windows update 15th Dec 2018

Windows update 15th Dec 2018: You did an update yesterday, the first I knew was a message stating you would be restarting.... now Today, I cannot find files (yet again what is it with your updates and deleting files). Where are they. One especially is pinned on Excel and now doesn't exist. It has a...
  7. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.: After a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install (1809 ISO from MS) I'm having some problems. My Microsoft account picture cannot be displayed on start menu or the account menu on settings and my Windows Store download speed is super slow, I can't update my Windows Store apps...
  8. Updating the directory or the softwares themselves to current windows build version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating the directory or the softwares themselves to current windows build version: hi guys i want to know how to update dism build version to thatt of my current windows build Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.441] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Deployment Image...
  9. Windows 10 Insider Build is expiring on Dec 14th, 2018 and upgrade to next build keeps...

Windows 10 Insider Build is expiring on Dec 14th, 2018 and upgrade to next build keeps...: Hi, I am on Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 18272.rs_prerelease 181026-1425 and it is expiring on Dec 14, 2018. All my attempts to upgrade to the next insider build are failing on black screens and blue screens hung at update at 82%. My computer originally came with...
  10. Updating the directory or the softwares themselves to current windows build version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating the directory or the softwares themselves to current windows build version: hi guys i want to know how to update dism build version to thatt of my current windows build Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.441] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Deployment Image...