Windows 10: Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

Discus and support Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I robocopied a directory from windows 7 pro ntfs partion to a directory on a windows 10 pro exfat partition. Robocopy succeeded as expected. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaneMacIntyre, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

I robocopied a directory from windows 7 pro ntfs partion to a directory on a windows 10 pro exfat partition. Robocopy succeeded as expected.

From within file explorer I cannot see the directory (all view options are on, nothing hidden), but I can access all the files and see them if I type in the path via the address bar. (e.g. E:\directoryName). If I click back one directory the directory disappears again.

Properties on the partition shows the appropriate used space.

:)

ShaneMacIntyre, Apr 26, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Apr 26, 2019
  4. corrywd Win User

Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

1. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer... - Similar Threads - Directory doesn't display

2. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  3. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  4. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  6. Tabbed browsing for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed browsing for File Explorer: Has Microsoft activated tabbed browsing on File Explorer in Windows 11, for the consumer edition of Windows? I know it will be activated "in October", but when is that?...
  7. My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. When I open File Explorer, the directory tree is missing. Where is it??? My other computer displays it just fine. HELP!!!...
  8. File explorer doesn't display correctly

File explorer doesn't display correctly: Recently I have been having the issue of file explorer not appearing on my desktop even though it shows it's open on the task bar. I need my file explorer to work so I can access my items....
  9. A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory...

A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory...: While doing a music project, I added a jpg folder to each album folder so I could add the art to the album. In some folders, the Folder.jpg file does not show. At first I thought I had missed that one. But when I tried to add the art work, it says do you want to replace...
  10. File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files

File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files: Hello, My Asus Zenbook is relatively new, with very few files on it, and my file explorer is slow to open my files or One Drive files using the explore.exe command on the task bar or when I create a shortcut. I've tried some other options recommended in similar forums, but...