Windows 10: Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive

Discus and support Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user who suddenly can not see the contents of a shared network drive, just a single folder, all the other folders on the same server are fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnSimpatico1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive

I have a user who suddenly can not see the contents of a shared network drive, just a single folder, all the other folders on the same server are fine.

I have run 2 full AV scans (Avast / Sophos) to rule out malware

The user can log into another machine and can see everything just fine, which leads me to believe there is nothing wrong with the permissions on the server.

I checked to see if Offline files was turned on and it is disabled

I ran a dism /restorehealth and that came back with no problems

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

:)

JohnSimpatico1, Apr 18, 2019
  2. little cat, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive

1. Directory Listing Issue on Network Drive - Similar Threads - Directory Listing Issue

2. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues: I recently replaced a 2003 server with a 2019 and have since decommissioned the old 2003 SBS server.Pretty static environment so it took awhile before I had to join a new PC to the domain. Having done so, it states the PC joins fine and generally allows the user to log in....
  3. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues: I recently replaced a 2003 server with a 2019 and have since decommissioned the old 2003 SBS server.Pretty static environment so it took awhile before I had to join a new PC to the domain. Having done so, it states the PC joins fine and generally allows the user to log in....
  4. PC joins domain but not listed in Active Directory, occasional login issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with Network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Network drive: Hello. We are having issues with one of our network drives. This drive is mapped manually. Basically, what is happening is we have folder "A" and folder "B" in the network drive. Each of these folders have their own info that will relate to the same customer so what we do...
  6. Network drive sharing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network drive sharing issues: Encountering "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different username and password" when trying to access my HTPC's shared HDD. However, I can connect to its shared SSD with a few minor issues (unable to access Program Files and similar). Both drives have...
  7. Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.: I am hoping that you can give me some simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive. Much appreciated...
  8. Print a directory list

Print a directory list: How do I print a list of the files in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-a-directory-list/549c4bf3-6068-449e-96c9-004042337cd4"
  9. Map Network drive whilst signed via Azure Directory issue

Map Network drive whilst signed via Azure Directory issue: Folks I'm long standing Windows user and up to Windows 7 all has been absoluley fine. I'm now on a Windows 10 and I am pulling my hair out trying to connect to a drive or even to use workgroups. Its driving me crazy. So simple example on windows 7 this works for map...
  10. Directory Listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Listing: How do I create my File names with the date at the front of the so that all the files are sorted mm-yy? 49879