Windows 10: Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

Discus and support Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bruce._, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Bruce._ Win User

Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?

:)

Bruce._, Dec 20, 2021

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 20, 2021
  3. Can't move desktop icons to bottom row of the screen

Hello,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. We understand that you were unable to move desktop icons to the bottom row of the screen due to certain changes in Windows 10. To help you accomplish the task, we recommend that you
    follow the steps below.

• Right click on empty space on desktop; then click View.
    • On the dropdown, select Auto arrange icons.

Check if that resolves your concern.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 20, 2021
  4. SLP-CCC Win User

WORDAMENT - Unexpected bottom row behavior.

Bottom row of letters in WORDAMENT is not working properly.

• Expected behavior - can scroll over letters in bottom row and they will be used to form words with other, non bottom row words,
    • Actual behavior - Scroll over letters in bottom row and non-bottom row letters that precede or follow use of the bottom row are not connected in forming a word.
    Have uninstalled and reinstalled the application without change in behavior.

Is this a bug in the program, my OS or the device? Is there a work-around, patch or newer version that addresses this unexpected behavior?

SLP-CCC, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen - Similar Threads - Directory Lists Less

2. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  3. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  4. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A Row of Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Row of Keys Not Working: So this has happened to me before where the F# keys did not input the correct function such as volume, brightness, etc. and all I had to do was press Fn + Esc and it would fix it, but now I have tried that but it still hasn't fixed it, I know if you press Fn + any F# key, I...
  6. A Row of Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Row of Keys Not Working: So this has happened to me before where the F# keys did not input the correct function such as volume, brightness, etc. and all I had to do was press Fn + Esc and it would fix it, but now I have tried that but it still hasn't fixed it, I know if you press Fn + any F# key, I...
  7. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  8. A row of circles in my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    A row of circles in my screen: Hi.Is there someone here who experience this? Every time this row of circles appear in my screen, i have trouble in controlling the cursor. It feels like someone is controlling my laptop other than me.Would you know how can I get rid of them?I have Norton 360 actively...
  9. A row of circles in my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A row of circles in my screen: Hi.Is there someone here who experience this? Every time this row of circles appear in my screen, i have trouble in controlling the cursor. It feels like someone is controlling my laptop other than me.Would you know how can I get rid of them?I have Norton 360 actively...
  10. Excel spaces between rows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spaces between rows: Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed and I end up with a col of names with...