Windows 10: Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX"

Discus and support Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thousands of scanned photos on SD chip. Two other directories with files on the chip are working properly. The scanned photos directory is gone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobOchsman, May 11, 2019.

1. Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX"

Thousands of scanned photos on SD chip. Two other directories with files on the chip are working properly. The scanned photos directory is gone and in its place there is an icon that is labeled properly but is empty and a new icon that is labeled "BOOTEX" I believe the photo jpegs are still on chip as "properties" shows that are are several gigs on the chip. What to do to recover the files and/or directory? Thanks.

:)

BobOchsman, May 11, 2019

2. micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, May 11, 2019
  3. dorsetknob, May 11, 2019
  4. Dave1776 Win User

Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX"

Micro SD Card Corrupted

Hi

Before I forget my phones an android!

The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop.

Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio and the music player had issues so I thought restarting might clear the issue so I went ahead and restarted my phone.

When I booted up again I got some error saying my MSD Card was corrupted and it only game me an option to reformat. I restarted again just in case was a glitch and same thing.

When I go into my phone file manager I can only see the internal storage but no MSD Card.

I then removed the card and inserted it into my old phone and it would not recognize the card at all.

I also tried hooking up the phone to my laptops USB port and it only finds the internal storage but no MSD Card.

So today I went out and bought a card reader that has MSD Card in it and tried that but when I plug the card in I get the below error
    Also when I go into file explorer in my laptop the SD Card does not come up at all in the list of drives.

I googled it a bit and one post here or on another MS forum suggested using control prompt and CHKDSK /F had to run it as admin CP for it to work at all but this did not help at all as it looks like it will start but then it pops up saying it is busy with another process and can't scan the disk.

Where the disk is not pulling up in explorer is there any way to recover what is on the disk with there being these issues. Don't care about most the stuff on it but a few photos I would like to recover if at all possible!

Thanks
    Dave

Dave1776, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX"

1. Directory on SD Card Corrupted/Gone "BOOTEX" - Similar Threads - Directory Card Corrupted

2. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  3. SD card gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card gone wrong: Long story short I removed an SD card from a device that does not like that and now I can not access any of the files on the SD card and my computer can not even detect it. I have an SD USB adaptor connected to my PC and I can see in my Devices and drives that I have my C...
  4. SD card gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card gone wrong: Long story short I removed an SD card from a device that does not like that and now I can not access any of the files on the SD card and my computer can not even detect it. I have an SD USB adaptor connected to my PC and I can see in my Devices and drives that I have my C...
  5. Corrupted SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  6. SD Card Drive is gone

SD Card Drive is gone: Hi, My SD Card drive is no longer on my computer. How do I get it back? Also, what are the two partitions that are not assigned a letter? What should I do to get them reassigned? [ATTACH]...
  7. SD card reader gone again!!!!

SD card reader gone again!!!!: Beyond frustrated with these Windows updates. Anyone know how to reinstall the SD driver? It's like it doesn't exist, and it came with the laptop!!! Microsoft, please work this kink out. Thank you for any help....
  8. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  9. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file: 32GB SD card has 2 recognised partitions both are known to be in RAW file format. I have tried many ways using cmd and chkdsk/Diskpart in Administrator mode to recover and format these RAW files/partition from the SD card. However, whatever way I try, I always get Windows...
  10. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk y bootex windows 10

2. bootex file on micro sd card