Windows 10: Directory Sharing Issue

Discus and support Directory Sharing Issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to send a friend my crash report for an application, he knows how to fix it. But in loads of places, it lists my directory, C\Users\<MyName>,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JunaydImran, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Directory Sharing Issue

I want to send a friend my crash report for an application, he knows how to fix it. But in loads of places, it lists my directory, C\Users\<MyName>, and when I search that up on google, it shows ALL my files. Is it safe to send the report to my friend, without risking the privacy leak?

:)

JunaydImran, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Directory Sharing Issue

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Directory Sharing Issue

1. Directory Sharing Issue - Similar Threads - Directory Sharing Issue

2. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  3. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  4. Stop sharing a folder / directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop sharing a folder / directory: i started sharing one of my directories with my laptop but after hassels and other reasons i decided to turn it off, however no matter what i do its not going offline?In the screenshot above it shows that its being shared however, there is no one in the share permission.and...
  5. Stop sharing a folder / directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop sharing a folder / directory: i started sharing one of my directories with my laptop but after hassels and other reasons i decided to turn it off, however no matter what i do its not going offline?In the screenshot above it shows that its being shared however, there is no one in the share permission.and...
  6. Cannot write to local shared directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot write to local shared directory: I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue... We noticed a permissions error on a server that uses a case management system. It works by writing to locally hosted shared folders. After a reboot, we get the error - "Destination folder access denied" "You need permission...
  7. Sharing root directory on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing root directory on Windows 10: I am having issue with sharing a root directory so we can run programs on one system. I have turn on File Sharing Network discovery Turn off password protected added a share for the root directory I can see the share but I cannot access it. the error is You Do not have...
  8. Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Active Directory Shared Account Password Reset: Hello! I have been browsing the internet for a while but was unable to find a solution to this one. Obviously resetting an AD password for one user is simple. But what if for example there was a computer in an imaginary company and there were 10 users who used the...
  9. Default sharing state of C:\Users directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default sharing state of C:\Users directory: Greetings, i recently noticed that my Windows 10 was network sharing the C:\Users directory to the Administrators group. I tried to browse it with the logged local account (belonging to the Administrators group) with no success. My Windows 10 is currently joined to a domain...
  10. File Directory Issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File Directory Issue: All, First of all I just wanted to say everyone has been very helpful on my past PC issues. Your help is greatly appreciated. Here's my problem: A few weeks back I had to reinstall Windows 10. After completion I noticed a problem with File Explorer. When I open it up...