Windows 10: Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

Discus and support Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife's computer just started having a strange behavior. She was looking for a Folder under This PC Documents and it wasn't there. It was showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DS256, Jul 17, 2020.

1. DS256 Win User

Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

My wife's computer just started having a strange behavior. She was looking for a Folder under This PC Documents and it wasn't there. It was showing in the Centre Pane when she clicked on Documents. When she clicked on it in Centre Pane, it appeared in the left hand pane.

Not sure what is broken and how to fix it.

Looking for advice.

Thanks

:)

DS256, Jul 17, 2020

2. Windows 7 Preview Pane

I use the preview pane quite often so I can watch videos without having to launch an application to play them. I do this with mostly with tutorials. Most of the tutorials were in quicktime format; quicktime takes a significant amount of time to open on my system, so I used format factory to change them into MP4's (they will play in the preview pane). Just out of boredom, I installed a new convert, called CoverterLite. Now every single video that I converted causes WMP to crash even inside the preview pane. If I were to change my default media player would that affect to preview pane as well? Or does it require so registry editing?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing

Hi cyber_guy

increase the width of the window slightly by clicking and dragging the right hand edge.

there are a couple of different views based on the width of the mail window,

1) at its narrowest, the left hand pane is minimised and the reading pane is not shown

2) make it a little wider and the left hand pane is expanded, the reading pane is not shown

3) wider still and the left pane is minimised and the the reading pane is shown

4) wider still and the left pane is expanded and reading pane is visible

adjust the width of the Mail window until you can see what you want.

Martmcd, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

1. Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane - Similar Threads - Directory Showing Centre

2. Search pane all the way left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search pane all the way left: Right now, when the search pane appears, it is offset from the left side of the screen by a fair bit. Is there a way to move it all the way to the left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-pane-all-the-way-left/2acfef50-4d6d-4224-8427-8ad314721464
  3. Search pane all the way left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search pane all the way left: Right now, when the search pane appears, it is offset from the left side of the screen by a fair bit. Is there a way to move it all the way to the left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-pane-all-the-way-left/2acfef50-4d6d-4224-8427-8ad314721464
  4. Search pane all the way left

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hidden folders in left pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders in left pane: Why are my hidden folders showing in the left pane of Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folders-in-left-pane/17a712ae-d60c-495c-93ac-256e663a53c4
  6. HELP - UltraUXThemePatcher Windows10 Explorer broke/ Missing left pane

HELP - UltraUXThemePatcher Windows10 Explorer broke/ Missing left pane: Hi I installed UltraUXThemePatcher last month (11th of May) in order to install custom themes for Windows 10 (Running on Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.900). I know that it is very crucial that you must manually create a system restore point before installing it, I...
  7. pointer paning to a hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer paning to a hand: My pointer is panning to a hand when it hovers over something. I cannot figure out to stop it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-paning-to-a-hand/594bc732-53ec-458e-85c7-9348789f4756
  8. No disks showed on left pane of explorer

No disks showed on left pane of explorer: I dont understand because in left pane..look my image [img] i see only disk E (why E and not others ) and not others disks like D, G etc.. i try to make a shortcut from right to left but nothing..why this ? Its possible see all my disk on left pane of explorer ??...
  9. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...
  10. Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane?: Hello, even with tweaks such as "show favorites in quick access", i still can't have what i had in 7, which means all sort of shortcuts with customizable names (apps, script, folders).. Is there still no work around? :/ 60102