Windows 10: Directory system not showing properly

Discus and support Directory system not showing properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Directory system not showing properly

Hi

I restored my computer this past weekend and have noticed something odd that I have never seen after a restore. I started moving files and folders back from my back ups and put my websites folder back into MY DOCUMENTS where I keep them stored and they I went to FTP some site files up to my website but filezilla but not showing the right files/folders inside MY DOCUMENTS.

This is what files and folders I see inside MY DOCUMENTS when I view it in filezilla

• MY PHOTO
    • MY MUSIC
    • MY VIDEOS
    So I wrote in their forums about this and after some checking I found some other interesting issues around this. They had me pull up the directory listing in a command prompt for MY DOCUMENTS and this is what I see from the command prompt screen

Directory system not showing properly [​IMG]

Now if I open Windows Explorer and click on DOCUMENTS in the left hand panel this is what I get

NOTE I have covered over a few personal files in this so there are some additional files in here as well as the folders. That is if I click on DOCUMENTS on the left side as you can see highlighted.

Now if I instead goto

C:\Users\scott\Documents this is what I get

NOTE AGAIN in this case nothing is hidden as there is showing nothing in this last screen shot nothing has been hidden for privacy reasons.

So firstly why am I getting different results in all 3 as they should be identical.

Secondly how do I fix this?

Note I have also tried a different FTP program and that one pulls up the proper files and folders.

As for filezilla I have tried to reinstall and no good still calls up the 3 folders indicated at the start no files in the documents folder just those 3 folders (Unsure of those have contents.)

:)

Dave1776, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Directory system not showing properly

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Directory system not showing properly

1. Directory system not showing properly - Similar Threads - Directory system showing

2. ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.: ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.When I have try BHM fit2 install.How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arkdll-must-be-installed-in-the-windows-system/faccb52b-f554-4db9-8157-0e77292f8313
  3. ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.: ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.When I have try BHM fit2 install.How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arkdll-must-be-installed-in-the-windows-system/faccb52b-f554-4db9-8157-0e77292f8313
  4. ark.dll must be installed in the windows system directory to function properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Proper way to take ownership of subfolders in windows directory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Proper way to take ownership of subfolders in windows directory?: What is the proper way to take ownership of files in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions? I need to update just a few *.admx/*.adml administrative templates in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions folder. The existing templates are, by default, are owned by TrustedInstaller but I am...
  6. Proper way to take ownership of subfolders in windows directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Proper way to take ownership of subfolders in windows directory?: What is the proper way to take ownership of files in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions? I need to update just a few *.admx/*.adml administrative templates in %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions folder. The existing templates are, by default, are owned by TrustedInstaller but I am...
  7. Win10 system won't show properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 system won't show properly: Hi Microsoft staff, I have a laptop with Win10 Pro installed. The system language was originally Chinese, but I altered to English Canada. And now I'm having troubles with the display, whenever the system needs to show a number it won't show properly. See the figure...
  8. System folders not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System folders not working properly: I'm not sure what happened but I was trying to get into my documents folder today and realised some of the folder names were missing on my quick access tab - the download, pictures and documents. I can't remove these three folders nor can I click on them and access the folder...
  9. HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD & SSD - Proper file directory/data management: Hello, I'm wondering if I'm able to create two system folders onto my secondary drive to save space on my ssd? When installing messenger, I was asked to install the app into a system folder on my C drive but I want it saved on my secondary drive without breaking features...
  10. Problem using directory / file system

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem using directory / file system: Can someone help me with this --- I am at the stage where I am forgetting things I used to know years ago and am getting in a muddle with the Windows Directory / Folders and File System. You can see from the Snip below, two views of the same page from Explorer taken at the...