Windows 10: DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Discus and support DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, recently tried to play HoMM4 on lan again and after failing several times I managed to figure out that my DirectPlay was not enabled, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mathias Selmer Jørgensen, Dec 2, 2018.

1. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Hey, recently tried to play HoMM4 on lan again and after failing several times I managed to figure out that my DirectPlay was not enabled, but after going to Control Panel, the Programs, then "Turn Windows features on/off", search for "Legacy Components" then enable DirectPlay. However the Legacy Components folder is missing completely, I have windows 10.

:)

Mathias Selmer Jørgensen, Dec 2, 2018

2. DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Im trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but I can't run the game because of missing DirectPlay. I found out that I can enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components in windows settings, and thats the solution that everyone recommends, I'm sure it works, because
    I've done that on other PC and then it worked, but all I can see in my windows settings, is empty Legacy Components list. On other PC, there was DirectPlay on this list, but I can't find it on my PC. My version of directx is 12.

JanKurek99, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Legacy components and DirectPlay

Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled.

GabrielMani, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Hi JanKurek99,

Normally, you can enable DirectPlay feature from the Legacy Components on Windows 10 to play your old games to it. Regarding your concern, can you tell us if you received any error messages about DirectPlay is missing when trying to play your game? If so,
    there should be a link on the error message that will allow you to install DirectPlay to your computer. Before doing so, please make sure that you temporarily disable any antivirus on your computer so that it won't be blocked when installing the files.

Keep us updated with the result. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

1. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing - Similar Threads - DirectPlay Legacy Components

2. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  3. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  4. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Legacy component folder missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy component folder missing: I am trying to play Lords of Magic SE from GOG and I get an error code 0x800F080C and when I click ok I get another error code of 0xc0000022.Searching these forums it suggests turning on DirectPlay from the Legacy Component folder, only I don't have that.I have windows 10...
  6. Speaking of legacy components

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaking of legacy components: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scrumbulon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o2bhjq/speaking_of_legacy_components/
  7. legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701: legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701 [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-components-directplay-windows-10-error/86ed59d9-ec51-4853-b19e-7957d57a8ff9
  8. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  9. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12: Hey Sorry if this has been duplicated but I cant find a question with this specific issue. Trying to play an older game and comes up with this error message: After a bit of digging I found its about DirectPlay. Find a way to enable it and go to enable it under Legacy...
  10. Legacy components and DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy components and DirectPlay: Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy components windows 10 2004

2. direct play no legacy components

3. play homm4 lan windows 10

4. legacy components missing in my laptop how to get them back,
  5. legacy componets and direct play missing on my laptop,
  6. legay components,
  7. why is directplay legacy