Windows 10: DirectPlay error Windows 11

Discus and support DirectPlay error Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 won't enable directplay, error code 0x80071AB1 displayed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GunnerGully, Jan 14, 2022.

1. DirectPlay error Windows 11

Windows 11 won't enable directplay, error code 0x80071AB1 displayed.

:)

GunnerGully, Jan 14, 2022

2. Directplay on Windows 10

We both did this (me and the person asking this several posts above). DirectPlay error Windows 11 :) There were others suggesting this (and of course, this is the way to have DIrectplay on window 10). The problem was that after the restart needed to complete the activation of Directplay
    the option was again disabled. There was a loop of errors. Directplay needed windows to restart and the restart deactivated Directplay. For me, only the reinstall worked. DirectPlay error Windows 11 ;)

tiamat4455, Jan 14, 2022
  3. litefut92 Win User
    Directplay on Windows 10

******type the following into your windows search bar at the bottom left corner of the screen next to the start/windows icon:

"windows features" - turn on/off

open windows features.

scan the list for "legacy features"

open the expand (+) button to reveal "directplay"

check the box for "directplay"

allow windows to search for the required files and make changes

*enjoy playing antique games again*

----also you can visit this link to the person on youtube who showed me theses steps to like his video and find more helpful computer tips.----

cheers!

litefut92, Jan 14, 2022
  4. JudeV Win User

DirectPlay error Windows 11

Directplay on Windows 10

Okay, here's my problem. I never see "Legacy Components" anywhere.

Here is the process I keep seeing suggested, paralleled with what I see in my system that I think is comparable:

1. Right click Start

Ok

2. Click Programs and Features

Click Apps and Features

3. Click Turn Windows features on or off

Click Manage Optional Features

4. Make sure there is a check in Legacy Components

Here's the problem, there is no such option. This list consists of:

Contact support

(A list of various English input options)

Internet Explorer 11

MS Quick Assist

Windows Media Player

5. Click the + to expand

BUT at the top of that list is a + sign that is labeled "Add a Feature." It leads to a list of optional fonts, a "Graphics Tools" options and "Windows Developer Mode"

Never am I presented with anything resembling "legacy" or "DirectPlay."

This is not the first time I've had trouble following a step-by-step menu process recommended online. Do I have some weird variant of Windows installed on my system? I dunno. I know the canned response is "upgrade," but it isn't like we all have money to
    throw at our software every time the OS changes. And I know you all agree with that last part. I'm just frustrated and venting. It kills me that I've checked a half dozen search results so far and they all point to that same video like it's the Holy Grail
    and NO ONE but me seems to find it useless.

JudeV, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

DirectPlay error Windows 11

1. DirectPlay error Windows 11 - Similar Threads - DirectPlay error

2. Windows 11 is not allowing me to install DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not allowing me to install DirectPlay: Hello,I am trying to install the Legacy Feature DirectPlay to play an old game.But when I go to the Features window and I click to install it, it takes forever, searching for the files.After many minutes, I have to kill the process.I thought it could be something related to...
  3. Windows 11 is not allowing me to install DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is not allowing me to install DirectPlay: Hello,I am trying to install the Legacy Feature DirectPlay to play an old game.But when I go to the Features window and I click to install it, it takes forever, searching for the files.After many minutes, I have to kill the process.I thought it could be something related to...
  4. why is directplay not working on my pc

why is directplay not working on my pc: why is my directplay not working on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-directplay-not-working-on-my-pc/53b9d0cf-ffd4-4041-8944-5e7de57ac6e7
  5. DirectPlay error Windows 11

DirectPlay error Windows 11: Windows 11 won't enable directplay, error code 0x80071AB1 displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directplay-error-windows-11/e271f476-5a55-40be-99bf-62eecb7f18e2
  6. Directplay error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directplay error: I am trying to enable directplay to play old games but it gives an error always that component store is curropted error code0x80073712 windows could not make the requested changes. Though I am able to install Windows update tell me the solution of my problem [Moved from...
  7. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...: I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code 0x80073712.though I am able to install the windows update...
  8. legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701: legacy components directplay windows 10 error 0x80073701 [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-components-directplay-windows-10-error/86ed59d9-ec51-4853-b19e-7957d57a8ff9
  9. How can i fix the error code 0x8000FFFF ? DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i fix the error code 0x8000FFFF ? DirectPlay: Windows 10.Everytime i try to activate DirectPlay this code is blocking me. Playing old games is no longer possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-the-error-code-0x8000ffff-directplay/6988bceb-a1b5-4d28-a7d6-37cf738a12ae
  10. DirectPlay error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectPlay error: Please help me, I tried playing a game but the DirectPlay error keeps popping up. I watched a few videos on how to solve this and all the videos said I should go to control panel, uninstall program, go to Turn window features on and off, the go to Legacy components and click...