Windows 10: DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC

Discus and support DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My previous personal computer that installed Windows 7 could play DirectQ with no problem at all.My current personal computer that installed Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erez, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Erez Win User

DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC

My previous personal computer that installed Windows 7 could play DirectQ with no problem at all.My current personal computer that installed Windows 10 doesn't play DirectQ anymore.Instead both the title and caption says everything.What's wrong?

:)

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 11, 2020
  4. DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC

Black Screen after restarting computer (after installing intel HD 3000 graphics using teamviewer)

Hi Evan,

I realize that you get a black screen after restarting computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the PC?

• Does the issue reoccur if you remove the Intel HD 3000 graphics card?

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC

1. DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC - Similar Threads - DirectQ shows black

2. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  3. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  4. My pc showing black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc showing black screen: Well whenever i turn on my pc it logins and works fine for 4-5 mins and then goes black screen with mouse cursor wich doesn't move and no shortcut works I was having issues so i reset my c drive but the problem still continue it wont let me update anything cuz after 5 mins...
  5. My pc showing black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc showing black screen: Well whenever i turn on my pc it logins and works fine for 4-5 mins and then goes black screen with mouse cursor wich doesn't move and no shortcut works I was having issues so i reset my c drive but the problem still continue it wont let me update anything cuz after 5 mins...
  6. My PC Shows a black screen after login, and I have to keep restarting to fix it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC Shows a black screen after login, and I have to keep restarting to fix it.: Every time I turn on my slow Windows 10 PC, its screen turns black after I enter my password at the login screen. I have to keep restarting it using the power button, and I do it about three times with no progress until a blue "Please wait..." screen appears before login. My...
  7. DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my PC: My previous personal computer that installed Windows 7 could play DirectQ with no problem at all.My current personal computer that installed Windows 10 doesn't play DirectQ anymore.Instead both the title and caption says everything.What's wrong? 168079
  8. DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my personal

in Windows 10 Support
    DirectQ shows me a black screen and then I have to restart my personal: My previous personal computer that installed Windows 7 could play DirectQ with no problem at all.My current personal computer that installed Windows 10 doesn't play DirectQ anymore.Instead both the title and caption says everything.What's wrong? 168079
  9. I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart: Î keep getting a black screen without any warning, sometimes I can still hear sounds in the background, this only happens while gaming and without any warning. I already uninstalled my display driver with DDU and installed the newest driver from the NVIDIA website but I still...
  10. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting: This is a long one. After restarting my pc to install the latest windows update, I notice I can only use 8gb out of my 16gb of ram, and the ram was running at 1333mhz instead of 3000mhz. I open msconfig and set it so I can use all my ram. I restart my pc, then blue screen,...