Windows 10: DirectStorage is coming to PC

Discus and support DirectStorage is coming to PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft showed the world how the Xbox Series X, with its portfolio of technology innovations, will introduce a new era of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

DirectStorage is coming to PC

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...-coming-to-pc/

:)

Brink, Sep 1, 2020

2. Microsoft DirectStorage

DirectStorage was first announced during the reveal of the Xbox Series X, but Microsoft stated that it would be coming to PC, too: The backbone of the Xbox Series X's ultra-fast storage technology is coming to Windows | PCWorld

For those of you who are insiders, has this been made available in any of the insider builds for the next big Windows update, or has it been mentioned that it will be introduced any time soon?

BrownianMotion, Sep 1, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Champ Win User

GPU intensive RTS?

This list is great. Now I got some buying to do, but please keep them coming. I love games that make me step my PC up.

Champ, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. DirectStorage is coming to PC - Similar Threads - DirectStorage coming

2. DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdf: Hi,Directstorage doesn't seem to work according to my Xbox Game Bar settings, although I have all the requirements. I get the following message:BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdfRunning the command "fsutil bypassio state e:\" I get the following:Status: 506 At least...
  3. DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdf: Hi,Directstorage doesn't seem to work according to my Xbox Game Bar settings, although I have all the requirements. I get the following message:BypassIO not supported due to driver: aksdfRunning the command "fsutil bypassio state e:\" I get the following:Status: 506 At least...
  4. DirectStorage on Desktop - Support for Windows Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectStorage on Desktop - Support for Windows Storage Spaces: Hello All,I have become more and more interested in DirectStorage on Desktop and, seeing the benefits in realtime benchmarks, am upgrading my PC with NVMe storage in mind. Has it been established whether or not DirectStorage on Desktop will support NVMe drives configured in a...
  5. DirectStorage on Desktop - Support for Windows Storage Spaces

DirectStorage on Desktop - Support for Windows Storage Spaces: Hello All,I have become more and more interested in DirectStorage on Desktop and, seeing the benefits in realtime benchmarks, am upgrading my PC with NVMe storage in mind. Has it been established whether or not DirectStorage on Desktop will support NVMe drives configured in a...
  6. DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sys: Hi,Checking DirectStorage capabilities for my system in the Xbox Game Bar settings, GPU and OS are ok but I see the following message agaiunst my C drive: BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sysRunning the command "fsutil bypassio state c:\" I get the following:...
  7. DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sys

DirectStorage issue- BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sys: Hi,Checking DirectStorage capabilities for my system in the Xbox Game Bar settings, GPU and OS are ok but I see the following message agaiunst my C drive: BypassIO not supported due to driver: FltMgr.sysRunning the command "fsutil bypassio state c:\" I get the following:...
  8. How to find out if your Windows PC supports DirectStorage

in Windows 10 News
    How to find out if your Windows PC supports DirectStorage: DirectStorage is a relatively new technology to improve game loading times on supported devices. Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system supports DirectStorage, and support has also been added to Windows 10. Microsoft has pushed out several versions of the DirectStorage API...
  9. DirectStorage 1.1 with GPU Compression improves game loading significantly

in Windows 10 News
    DirectStorage 1.1 with GPU Compression improves game loading significantly: Microsoft announced in 2020 that the DirectStorage API would come to its Windows operating system. DirectStorage, which debuted on Microsoft's Xbox console, promises faster loading times by reducing CPU overhead and increasing IO throughput. [ATTACH] First thought to be...
  10. Microsoft releases DirectStorage API for Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases DirectStorage API for Windows 10 and 11: Microsoft has released its DirectStorage API for PC game developers. The technology debuted as part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture for the Xbox Series X and S in 2020. [ATTACH] The Redmond-based company had said it would be coming to Windows in the future. When Windows...