Windows 10: Directx 10 fix

Discus and support Directx 10 fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently tried to play the game "Devil May Cry 4 Special edition" but when I tried to launch it after a while the game would just crash (ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ruben knops, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Directx 10 fix

So I recently tried to play the game "Devil May Cry 4 Special edition" but when I tried to launch it after a while the game would just crash (ran perfectly before said crashes) so I searched the internet to find a fix for said problem to stumble upon a steam discussion that said i was basically SOL (here's the link to the discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/app/329050/discussions/0/364039531225782677/ ) So here I am trying a last desperate attept to find a fix.

:)

ruben knops, Aug 30, 2019

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Directx 10 fix

how to Update DirectX in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Windows 10 will have DirectX 12 installed.

Firstly, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates.

Launch Windows Updates from Start
    > Settings > Update and Recovery
    and click Check for Updates. (Make sure you have an active Internet connection) and install all the available Windows Updates.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter driver and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it and check if it fixes the issue.

Reference:

DirectX 12 and Windows 10 | DirectX Developer Blog

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Directx 10 fix

1. Directx 10 fix - Similar Threads - Directx fix

2. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  3. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  4. How do I fix the directx crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the directx crash?: Every time I play cod and only cod my game crashes due to DirectX crashing? I've went as far as buying a whole new prebuilt gaming pc and it's still happening. If there is anybody that can help with this, please reach back out....
  5. How do I fix the directx crash?

How do I fix the directx crash?: Every time I play cod and only cod my game crashes due to DirectX crashing? I've went as far as buying a whole new prebuilt gaming pc and it's still happening. If there is anybody that can help with this, please reach back out....
  6. Keep getting notifications about installing directx runtime but nothing is fixing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting notifications about installing directx runtime but nothing is fixing it.: I tried running a game called one armed cook on steam, and it told me to install directx runtime, and so I did. When i opened the game, the same thing popped up and when i clicked install, it showed I already installed it. I uninstalled directx runtime, the game; restarted my...
  7. Keep getting notifications about installing directx runtime but nothing is fixing it.

Keep getting notifications about installing directx runtime but nothing is fixing it.: I tried running a game called one armed cook on steam, and it told me to install directx runtime, and so I did. When i opened the game, the same thing popped up and when i clicked install, it showed I already installed it. I uninstalled directx runtime, the game; restarted my...
  8. How do I fix my directx errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my directx errors: All of a sudden this past week my computer has begun to have issues. For example my computer can barely open edge sometimes or games.Whenever I go to open a program or game I receive a error message that will say this version of directx is not supported or failed to...
  9. How do I fix my directx errors

How do I fix my directx errors: All of a sudden this past week my computer has begun to have issues. For example my computer can barely open edge sometimes or games.Whenever I go to open a program or game I receive a error message that will say this version of directx is not supported or failed to...
  10. Fix DirectX Error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DirectX Error on Windows 11/10: [IMG]You may encounter several errors related to DirectX in different scenarios — for example, when downloading, installing, upgrading, updating or running DirectX on your Windows 11/10 computer or when you try to run the DirectX installer package to install the component on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix direct x on steam

2. support for directx windows 10

3. directx repair windows 10

4. directx 10 Windows Phone,
  5. issues with directx after microsoft patch,
  6. how to fix direct x 10 on windows 10,
  7. directx 10 blog post download