Windows 10: Directx 11 not working on directx 12

Discus and support Directx 11 not working on directx 12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mango-slayer, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed

:)

Mango-slayer, Sep 27, 2022
  2. botperson Win User

I have DirectX 12, but application requires DirectX 11

Hello.

I do have directX, but just not 11, i have 12. My question is why I cant run a directX 11 app with directX 12. The link sent was a link to the directX installation. Please read the question before posting the answer.

Thanks!

Aditya Radhakrishnan

botperson, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Directx 12-11

I want to change DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 but I don't know how, please respond as fast you cant play Fortnite because of it D':

SwagBoy2000YT, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

I have DirectX 12, but application requires DirectX 11

I'm in the same boat, here's what the situation (at least for me) is.

So I have this computer that originally had windows 7. I think it had directx 9 / 10 on it when I got it.

Windows 10 released, and I pumped right up and got Windows 10. Now Along with windows 10 at some time it also got directx 12

Right now I want to get Assassin's Creed, which requires Directx 11. When I check my DirectX version it says "DirectX 12".

But it wont let me play because it thinks that I have the outdated DirectX version.

I can't even download and install the DirectX 11 manually, as it says that there are no downloadable drivers for DirectX 11.

So why can't DirectX 12 handle DirectX 11 games?

Creeper_Math, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Directx 11 not working on directx 12

1. Directx 11 not working on directx 12 - Similar Threads - Directx working directx

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  4. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  5. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  6. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  7. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  8. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12: I have Win10 with DirectX 10. I have the latest update, and it still has DirectX 10. How do I update to DirectX 12? Regards, Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12/2696914f-ff2b-4bbe-a0d0-373a06316325
  9. Directx 12-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12-11: I want to change DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 but I don't know how, please respond as fast you cant play Fortnite because of it D': https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-11/80b365c3-e34b-4a9f-957a-d30aaa55b801
  10. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544