Windows 10: DirectX 12 and your iGPU

Discus and support DirectX 12 and your iGPU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have read that DirectX 12 will use your iGPU along with your discrete video cards (AMD and Nvidia together) to maximize you video capabilities. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by red454, Aug 9, 2015.

1. red454 Win User

DirectX 12 and your iGPU

I have read that DirectX 12 will use your iGPU along with your discrete video cards (AMD and Nvidia together) to maximize you video capabilities. How can you tell if your iGPU is working? I enabled my iGPU in my BIOS but I haven't figured out how to see if it is doing anything.

There is a HUGE improvement in my 3DMark benchmarks going from Win 7 to Win 10.

Asus Maximus V Formula
    i7 3770K
    2 GTX 680s in SLI

:)

red454, Aug 9, 2015

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Thank you for your answer but:

1º-My Windows is Windows 10 Pro, not Windows 10 Preview

2º-I already check Directx version on dxdiag and say 11.1 and the Principal Graphic Card have a WDDM 1.2 Model Driver (the Intel HD Graphics 3000, the iGPU)

3º-I already check for updates on my Graphics Cards(i forgot to say that i have a Intel HD Graphics 3000 (the iGPU), and a AMD Radeon HD 7400M (the dGPU)

4º-Pls Help me to at least install the 11.2 or 11.3 version of Directx.

Thank you

Useranonimo, Aug 9, 2015
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    Where i can find right link of downloading directx for windows 10

You can only install Directx 12 if your hardware supports Directx 12

WindowsOS, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Skylais Win User

DirectX 12 and your iGPU

This video here shows DirectX 12: Multiadapter Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube evidence of improvements.
    As for being able to see if it is working, i am unsure. What i can say is that most of your games probably haven't been built to properly make significant use of the api yet. The increase in performance, if it is huge, does lead to evidence that the multi-gpu set up is working for you though. This is because, 3dmarks did an update recently to include directx12. I would assume it works, and congrats.
    you can use dxdiag ​to check your directx version, as i didnt think they released directx12 fully yet. If its dx11.2 then i don't think the mutli-gpu feature is working for you and the improvements are from something else.

Skylais, Aug 9, 2015
  5. red454 Win User
    Yes - my 3DMark is using DX12, and according to AIDA64, it shows DX12 as being the installed version on my system. I do see that in MSI Afterburner that GPU 3 (my iGPU) shows up on the graphs, but shows no activity while gaming.

red454, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    That's Strange DirectX 11.2 seems to be the latest version and that's what's showing on my system and I'm up to date.

Run dxdiag in cmd and see what that says.

Bazz, Aug 9, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    The latest is DX12. The version displayed in DXDIAG.exe is the highest version that r GPU supports.

8. Bazz Win User

DirectX 12 and your iGPU

OK thanks for that I get this from the wiki on my GFX Card.

Microsoft DirectX support

This series will support DirectX 12, but may not support all features of Direct3D 12

Is that why my DirectX is still at 11.2

Bazz, Aug 9, 2015
  9. red454 Win User
    dxdiag shows DX12 on my system too...

red454, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DirectX 12 and your iGPU

1. DirectX 12 and your iGPU - Similar Threads - DirectX iGPU

2. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  3. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  4. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  5. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  6. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  7. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  8. I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...

in Cortana
    I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...: I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in settings, the search is not working. and both are closing when i am typing anything.windows information:windows 10 x64 bit8 GB ramintel core i3 3240CPU: Dell optiplex 30103.40 Ghz speed...
  9. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  10. i can't download DirectX

i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...