Windows 10: directx 12 fake?

Discus and support directx 12 fake? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so many people said you get directx 12 pre installed with windows 10 but when i checked using dxdiag.exe it says i have directx 10 10099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kampfer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. kampfer Win User

directx 12 fake?

so many people said you get directx 12 pre installed with windows 10 but when i checked using dxdiag.exe it says i have directx 10

:)

kampfer, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Education support DirectX 12?

I heard that Education Edition is not support DirectX 12. But in Onthehub's page, I can find the information that Education edition support DirectX 12. And many webpage said Education edition dxdiag screenshot with DirectX 12 support. Windows 10 Education
    support DirectX 12?

Lehigh River, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 directx 11.2

Everyone,

FAQ

Q: Should I wait to buy a new PC or GPU?

A: No – if you buy a PC with supported graphics hardware (over 80% of gamer PCs currently being sold), you’ll be able to enjoy all the power of DirectX 12 games as soon as they are available.

Q: Does DirectX 12 include anything besides Direct3D 12?

A: Also new is a set of cutting-edge graphics tools for developers. Since this is a preview of DirectX 12 focused on Direct3D 12, other technologies may be previewed at a later date.

Q: When will I be able to get my hands on DirectX 12?

A: We are targeting Holiday 2015 games.

Q: What hardware will support Direct3D 12 / will my existing hardware support Direct3D 12?

A: We will link to our hardware partners’ websites as they announce their hardware support for Direct3D 12.

check if the hardware that you have supports directx 12 if not it will run the directx 11.2

These links helped me a lot

DirectX 12 FAQ: All about Windows 10's supercharged graphics tech

How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Mark Antony86, Jul 29, 2015
  4. directx 12 fake?

What graphics card do you have?

Delicieuxz, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Akane Win User
    For me I got no problem with this XD

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  6. derek10 Win User
    Because, unlike previous Windows versions, Dxdiag states the supported DX for your hardware/drivers, rather than the included/installed DX version

My desktop

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

My netbook

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  7. What graffix cards are all of you running?

Delicieuxz, Jul 29, 2015
  8. derek10 Win User

directx 12 fake?

My desktop a Nvidia GT610 and my netbook a Intel GMA 3150 *Smile

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  9. I've got dual GTX 970s, and they report DX12 with Feature Levels 12.0 and 12.1. So, no...DX12 is not fake. It's definitely there, you just need the proper hardware to take full advantage of it.

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

blackroseMD1, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Nemix Win User
    That looks good blackroseMD1, I'm holding back on my upgrade for a while and by the looks it might be a good decision since SR1 for Windows 10 is rumored to be rolled out in August.

Nemix, Jul 30, 2015
  11. derek10 Win User
    What driver are you using? my GT610 can't get DX12 and I read it's DX12 ready *Sad

directx 12 fake? [​IMG]

derek10, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Simba Win User
    Seems I am good to go with my card.

Simba, Jul 30, 2015
  13. directx 12 fake?

353.62. "DX12 ready" means a lot of things. Your card will see some advantages from DX12, but not as much as newer cards. There are different levels of compatibility. Maxwell cards (and up) will have the most compatibility with DX12 features, while Fermi (which I believe your card is) will have the lowest. Kepler cards will range in between.

That should explain why your card maxes out at Feature Levels 11.0 and WDDM 1.3, while mine max out at FL 12.1 and WDDM 2.0.

Check out this article: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/2...d-dont-deliver as it may explain it better than I can.

blackroseMD1, Jul 30, 2015
  14. derek10 Win User
    Thank you! your post and link were useful *Smile

derek10, Jul 30, 2015
  15. swarfega Win User
    Heres an article of note which gives a short list of cards that can support DirectX 12.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

directx 12 fake?

1. directx 12 fake? - Similar Threads - directx fake

2. DirectX Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Error: I was playing FC 24 and suddenly it crashed and showed me this error and kicked me out of the game when I pressed "OK".DirectX function "m_commandList->Close" failed with E_INVALIDARG "An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.". GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX...
  3. DirectX Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Error: I was playing FC 24 and suddenly it crashed and showed me this error and kicked me out of the game when I pressed "OK".DirectX function "m_commandList->Close" failed with E_INVALIDARG "An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.". GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX...
  4. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  5. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  6. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  7. DirectX Feature Level

DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  8. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  9. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  10. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...