Windows 10: DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10...

Discus and support DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10, but you can't use it yet Poking around the fresh Windows 10 build last night, I found an interesting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Jan 27, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10...

DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10, but you can't use it yet

Source

:)

A Guy, Jan 27, 2015
  2. Vijay B Win User

Downloads

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The final version of Windows 10 will ship with DirectX 12, and we think it's going to be awesome. I would suggest you to see the following link for more information:

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 27, 2015
  3. why after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1 in dxdiag it's still showing directx version 11.2 instead of directx 12?

why after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1 in dxdiag it's still showing directx version 11.2 instead of directx 12? isn't in windows 10 directx version should be 12?

JAGRATA PARUI, Jan 27, 2015
  4. DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10...

Quite right!

DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10... [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to seeing what it can really bring to Windows

captaintweed, Jan 30, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Will this change have an impact for more that gamers??

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  6. unifex Win User
    Doesn't it depend on your graphics card? I doubt that anyone on an old computer with a DirectX-9 graphics card will actually see the difference.

Are there any DirectX-12 cards out there?

unifex, Jan 30, 2015
  7. From what i've heard gpu's as old as those with fermi architecture (gtx400 series onwards) will support dx12, though i cant confirm that elsewhere. newer cards such as the 970/980 are being marketed as dx12 compatible cards.

Mind you, the difference between dx9-dx11 was more about allowing more complex code for real-time rendering of graphics. so i think you'll notice better graphics and performance with games written with dx12 in mind

8. Saltgrass Win User

I have GTX 980s which are DirectX 12 capable. The Nvidia drivers are still showing DX 11, so possibly when Nvidia moves up so will the games...

Saltgrass, Jan 30, 2015
  9. So you should be alright then with your 980s. I expect it will be a case of when nvidia & ati release drivers that use/take advantage of dx12, and games that likewise can utilize dx12.
    as to what that may look like... who knows *Smile

10. I could be wrong on this, but I think DirectX was always part of Win10, but you needed to turn it on in Features

I just checked Turn Windows features on or off and only found DirectPlay under Legacy Components. I don't recall if I saw DirectPlay before and thought DirectX or if both were there in a previous TP release.

DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10... [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jan 30, 2015
  11. Jackalito Win User
    Press Windows Key+R, type in dxdiag and hit Enter. Loot at the information provided there *Wink

Jackalito, Jan 31, 2015
  12. “To get the full benefits of DX12, the answer is yes,” Ybarra told the reporter. “There will be DX 11.1 cards that take advantage of a lot of the driver and software tech that we’re bringing in Windows 10, but if you want the full benefits of DX12, you’re going to need a DX12 card.“

“While we are not yet ready to detail everything related to DirectX12, we can share that we are working closely with all of our hardware partners to help ensure that most modern PC gaming hardware will work well with DirectX12, including; nVidia’s Maxwell, Kepler and Fermi-based GPUs, Intel’s 4th generation (and newer) Core processors and AMD’s Graphics Core Next (GCN) based GPUs."

Don't panic! DirectX12 won't require a new graphics card after all | PCWorld

So, DX9 cards no, but DX11.1 cards will see some benefits.

blackroseMD1, Jan 31, 2015
  13. Jackalito Win User

“To get the full benefits of DX12, the answer is yes,” Ybarra told the reporter. “There will be DX 11.1 cards that take advantage of a lot of the driver and software tech that we’re bringing in Windows 10, but if you want the full benefits of DX12, you’re going to need a DX12 card.“

“While we are not yet ready to detail everything related to DirectX12, we can share that we are working closely with all of our hardware partners to help ensure that most modern PC gaming hardware will work well with DirectX12, including; nVidia’s Maxwell, Kepler and Fermi-based GPUs, Intel’s 4th generation (and newer) Core processors and AMD’s Graphics Core Next (GCN) based GPUs."

Don't panic! DirectX12 won't require a new graphics card after all | PCWorld Thanks for the article *Smile

Jackalito, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DirectX 12 just sneaked into Windows 10... - Similar Threads - DirectX sneaked

2. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  3. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  4. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  5. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  6. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  7. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  8. I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...

in Cortana
    I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...: I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in settings, the search is not working. and both are closing when i am typing anything.windows information:windows 10 x64 bit8 GB ramintel core i3 3240CPU: Dell optiplex 30103.40 Ghz speed...
  9. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  10. i can't download DirectX

i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...