Windows 10: DirectX 12 on old low end PC?

Discus and support DirectX 12 on old low end PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't have a problem, I'm just asking because I'm curious. I have a very old, low-end PC with an Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz with 8GB of RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GoJordanYT, Feb 24, 2021.

1. DirectX 12 on old low end PC?

I don't have a problem, I'm just asking because I'm curious. I have a very old, low-end PC with an Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz with 8GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 2000 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 20H2. However, I appear to be running DirectX 12. I wouldn't imagine a computer with specs that low would be able to run DirectX 12, which is why I'm curious

:)

GoJordanYT, Feb 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 DirectX 12

Ehm... no. The DirectX features you're probably missing have nothing to do with your Windows version. The main DirectX 12 advances are bound to hardware requirements (your CPU and GPU must cooperate well to increase performance - low end systems can't
    do this, etc.).

Sanmartin2016, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 24, 2021
  4. DirectX 12 on old low end PC?

DirectX 12 Ultimate

DirectX 12 Ultimate features will work only if you have a GPU which supports DirectX 12 Ultimate. Please check your GPU manufacturer(Intel, AMD, Nvidia) website for the list of supported GPUs and the driver updates to enable the features.

Stranger_Hanyo, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

DirectX 12 on old low end PC?

1. DirectX 12 on old low end PC? - Similar Threads - DirectX old low

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  4. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  5. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  6. low end slow pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low end slow pc: i use windows 10/7 and linux in one 2010 LOW END pc which have 3 GB ram with 2.50 GHZ old dual core CPU and its slow how to improve the speed of my pc win 7 and linux works very well but windows 10 is very slow sometime the apps does not responds very well it takes some time...
  7. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  8. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12: I have Win10 with DirectX 10. I have the latest update, and it still has DirectX 10. How do I update to DirectX 12? Regards, Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12/2696914f-ff2b-4bbe-a0d0-373a06316325
  9. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  10. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sadirectx low end