Windows 10: DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues

Discus and support DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A month ago I downloaded directx12 and from then issues and alot of them started showing up.. the first of them that I discovered was my recording and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GODSOF, Aug 18, 2022.

1. GODSOF Win User

DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues

A month ago I downloaded directx12 and from then issues and alot of them started showing up.. the first of them that I discovered was my recording and streaming applications only record/stream a black screen already tried multiple fixes within the software but its not a software issue then alot of steam supported and non games started crashing saying that the crash was unexpected, so I am asking for help on how could I possibly fix this issue by reverting the directx12 back to 11 or if there is another way around it that keeps directx12 and allows me to finally record, stream, and play again

:)

GODSOF, Aug 18, 2022

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Aug 18, 2022
  3. David-M. Win User
    DirectX 12 Compatibility

Hi cherrypie',

I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

The system can have DirectX 12 installed. But if your video card doesn't support it, you won't be able to run the game.

To run games that require DirectX 12, you will need a video card that supports DirectX 12.

Some games allow you to launch it using older versions of DirectX. Have you checked if the game allows you to do this?

Feel free to ask back any questions.

David-M., Aug 18, 2022
  4. jds63 Win User

directx 12 fake?

Thanks, i have tried that recently no change, as i kept the old driver in these cases. Next step is to try to reinstall this game. Any settings changes do nothing in game. Weird how has not happened throughout half the game till i reach this mission only in game all others before were fine.

Notice back round, especially the trees being doubled plus off colors.

DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues [​IMG]

jds63, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues - Similar Threads - DirectX performance game

2. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  3. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  4. DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues: A month ago I downloaded directx12 and from then issues and alot of them started showing up.. the first of them that I discovered was my recording and streaming applications only record/stream a black screen already tried multiple fixes within the software but its not a...
  5. DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues

DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues: A month ago I downloaded directx12 and from then issues and alot of them started showing up.. the first of them that I discovered was my recording and streaming applications only record/stream a black screen already tried multiple fixes within the software but its not a...
  6. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  7. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  8. Games with directx 12 crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games with directx 12 crashes: I have RTX 2060 and when i play games with DX12 it crashes. When it crashes error says it is broken driver for GPU but its not GPU is properly working. I triedthis but it didnt even find anything it says everything is normal...
  9. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  10. Directx 12 issues in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 issues in Games: Hello everyone, I am facing a rather annoying problem with playing games recently. I tried to play a few directx12 games and most of them seem to freeze and crash afterwards. Some games , which crash a few minutes after starting are Shadow of the tomb raider, Rainbow...