Windows 10: DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

Discus and support DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's upcoming DirectX 12 is rumoured to feature a revolutionary API that would enable users to combine graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia. PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

Read more: DirectX 12 rumoured to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

:)

Brink, Feb 27, 2015
  2. Nimbulan Win User

DirectX 12 support broken on Windows 10?

DirectX 12 seems to be non-functional on my PC. I have a GTX 970 which does support DirectX 12 and a friend with the same video card and driver (the latest version, released the same day as Windows 10) is not having the same problem. Dxdiag indicates that
    I have DirectX 11.3, while the nVidia control panel indicates that I have DirectX 12. Attempting to run a DirectX 12 benchmark results in an error that my PC does not support DirectX 12.

I am at a loss here. I did a clean install after the OS upgrade to make sure my system would be as fast as possible and just reinstalled the video driver after discovering this problem without any change. sfc /scannow found no errors. Any help would be
    appreciated.

Edit:

I installed the new nVidia driver 355.60 today and now everything's working. I still don't understand how the previous version worked for some people but not others.

Nimbulan, Feb 27, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    HDD formatting windows 10

Hi,

It seems the game requires DX12... your AMD HD8750M does not support DX12, so you either need to switch to the Intel Chip, or use an older version of the game that does not require DX12...

This is what I found for system requirements... your Intel and AMD graphics do not seem to meet the minimum requirements... But you might try the Intel

System Requirements

These apply only to PC and phones.

Minimum

OS
    Windows 10

Architecture
    x64

Keyboard
    Integrated Keyboard

Mouse
    Integrated Mouse

DirectX
    DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11

Memory
    8 GB

Video Memory
    2 GB

Processor
    i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz

Graphics
    NVIDIA GT 740 | AMD R7 250x

Recommended

OS
    Windows 10

Architecture
    x64

Keyboard
    Integrated Keyboard

Mouse
    Integrated Mouse

DirectX
    DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11

Memory
    12 GB

Video Memory
    4 GB

Processor
    i7 3820 3.6GHz

Graphics
    NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060 | AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480

slance310, Feb 27, 2015
  4. DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

CrossSLI? That should also mean you could SLI or Crossfire non identical cards. Software wise anyway, that's what this is isn't it?

alphanumeric, Feb 27, 2015
  5. Um, Do these have to be DirectX 12 capable cards? I'll have to read that again. read it again and still not sure? not a whole lot of info to be honest. Sounds interesting, could help those that have spare mismatched cards kicking around unused. My desktop PC's are so old they only have the one PCIe 16 slot in them so it won't benefit me unless I buy a new system.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

1. DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC - Similar Threads - DirectX rumored allow

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  6. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  7. DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards: DirectX 12 will reportedly support multi-GPU configurations with both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards Exclusive: DirectX 12 Will Allow Multi-GPU Between GeForce And Radeon You can run both Amd and Nvidia cards on the same PC and mix and match brands and makes. 4362
  8. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544
  9. Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12: I am running Win10 Insider Preview! There is Pre Release 3D program. When it starts it checks to see if you computer can run the 3D program! Mine passes all the requirements except DirectX 12. I tried searching all video cards but none mentions if it supports DirectX...
  10. AMD and Nvidia get ready for next-gen DirectX 12

in Windows 10 News
    AMD and Nvidia get ready for next-gen DirectX 12: Microsoft has yet to launch its next-generation DirectX 12 multimedia API, but AMD and Nvidia are both ready with hardware to support it. For AMD, its Radeon HD 7000 and Radeon R200 series will support the API, while over at Nvidia support will come from the Fermi, Kepler...