Windows 10: Directx 12

Discus and support Directx 12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Crazy359, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Crazy359 Win User

Directx 12

Hi i am new to this forum
    i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1
    is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade?
    thanks

:)

Crazy359, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Education support DirectX 12?

I heard that Education Edition is not support DirectX 12. But in Onthehub's page, I can find the information that Education edition support DirectX 12. And many webpage said Education edition dxdiag screenshot with DirectX 12 support. Windows 10 Education
    support DirectX 12?

Lehigh River, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 directx 11.2

Everyone,

FAQ

Q: Should I wait to buy a new PC or GPU?

A: No – if you buy a PC with supported graphics hardware (over 80% of gamer PCs currently being sold), you’ll be able to enjoy all the power of DirectX 12 games as soon as they are available.

Q: Does DirectX 12 include anything besides Direct3D 12?

A: Also new is a set of cutting-edge graphics tools for developers. Since this is a preview of DirectX 12 focused on Direct3D 12, other technologies may be previewed at a later date.

Q: When will I be able to get my hands on DirectX 12?

A: We are targeting Holiday 2015 games.

Q: What hardware will support Direct3D 12 / will my existing hardware support Direct3D 12?

A: We will link to our hardware partners’ websites as they announce their hardware support for Direct3D 12.

check if the hardware that you have supports directx 12 if not it will run the directx 11.2

These links helped me a lot

DirectX 12 FAQ: All about Windows 10's supercharged graphics tech

How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today

DirectX 12 and Windows 10

Mark Antony86, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Directx 12

You will get DirectX 12 if your hardware compatibility with it *Smile

Directx 12 [​IMG]

Akane, Jul 30, 2015
  5. What graphics card & driver are you running?

Not true, my 660 Ti does not have a feature set of DX12, but my runtime version is still DX12.

Directx 12 [​IMG]

Directx 12 [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Crazy359 Win User
    Graphics card : intel hd graphics 3000
    driver version: 9.17.10.4229

Crazy359, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Go here, select your version of Win 10 from the drop down menu (top), download & install the latest Win 10 beta driver.

fracking4oil, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Crazy359 Win User

Directx 12

Thanks man
    also will directx 12 improve gaming performance on my old hardware for older games?? Or directx 12 will only help games that were develop for directx 12?

Crazy359, Jul 30, 2015
  9. You'll need a modern graphics card to take advantage of DX12.

fracking4oil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Directx 12

1. Directx 12 - Similar Threads - Directx

2. DirectX Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Error: I was playing FC 24 and suddenly it crashed and showed me this error and kicked me out of the game when I pressed "OK".DirectX function "m_commandList->Close" failed with E_INVALIDARG "An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.". GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX...
  3. DirectX Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Error: I was playing FC 24 and suddenly it crashed and showed me this error and kicked me out of the game when I pressed "OK".DirectX function "m_commandList->Close" failed with E_INVALIDARG "An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.". GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX...
  4. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  5. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  6. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  7. DirectX Feature Level

DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  8. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  9. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  10. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...