Windows 10: DirectX 9 Download Link 404

Discus and support DirectX 9 Download Link 404 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to download DirectX 9 to play an older game. Several people have suggested downloading it from microsoft.com and provided links: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by __Stephen__, Feb 3, 2021.

1. DirectX 9 Download Link 404

Trying to download DirectX 9 to play an older game. Several people have suggested downloading it from microsoft.com and provided links:

- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

However, both links 404 -- "We're sorry, this download is no longer available."

Is there a new link to download DirectX 9 for Windows 10?

:)

__Stephen__, Feb 3, 2021

2. Microsoft Store: DirectX 9 required

We appreciate the update. Since the issue is still the same even if you have DirectX 9 or later, we suggest that you reinstall your graphic card drivers instead. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager.
    • Go to Display Adapters section and locate your graphic card driver.
    • Right click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Check Remove the driver software for this device and click
      OK
    • After you’ve uninstalled the driver, restart your computer.
    • When your computer restarts, go to your graphic card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.
    • Install the downloaded drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 3, 2021
  3. DirectX 9

Thank you for your response. The 9th version of Direct X had already been downloaded and installed. From this page. My graphics card probably is not compatible with DirectX 9 or Windows 10 can not use the DirectX version 9 for an unknown reason.

Hamed Abdolahi, Feb 3, 2021
  4. DirectX 9 Download Link 404

DirectX 9 problem

Try to install the DirecX 9 from the game folder or download the offline installer from the following link: DirectX
    9 offline installer

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

DirectX 9 Download Link 404

1. DirectX 9 Download Link 404 - Similar Threads - DirectX Download Link

2. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  5. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  6. directx 9 dowload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 9 dowload: Hi, since yesterday it has appeared that I am unable to download because apparently the file is not found. I used the official link and it says that "this download is no longer available" Can we have any update what's the play with this? Thank you....
  7. DirectX Links broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Links broken: Why are the main DirectX pages broken and giving me a 404 error, saying "We're sorry, this download is not available". https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35...
  8. 404 page for sqlcmdlnutils.msi download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    404 page for sqlcmdlnutils.msi download: The following webpage produces a 404 error: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=299275&clcid=0x409 I use this file as a prerequisite in a ClickOnce deployment, can you confirm if this is a temporary error. If not can you provide an alternative location for the file so I...
  9. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  10. Directx 9 missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Directx 9 missing?: Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have always been in the fast ring. All of a sudden with the latest build, I can't install apps that require Directx Version 9. The...