Windows 10: Directx 9 missing?

Discus and support Directx 9 missing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bescrawl, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Bescrawl Win User

Directx 9 missing?

Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile

I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have always been in the fast ring. All of a sudden with the latest build, I can't install apps that require Directx Version 9. The Windows store claims I do not have it. How do i get this installed?

What I have tried:

- Clean install of newest insider version - No change
    - SFC /Scannow - no change
    - Ive tried going to the microsoft site and downloaded/installed Directx Runtimes etc - no change
    - In windows ive tried going into "turn windows features on/off", Legacy components, Directx play - No change

this has never happened before so im a little confused.

Thanks guys/girls

:)

Bescrawl, Jul 31, 2017

2. Games Directx 9 on Widows 10 AI

Windows ten has Directx 12 not Directx 9 which allows purchased games to run. I have tried to download directx 9 but still will not allow the slots games to run. I cannot find the downloaded file for directx 9 on my computer. It is either hidden or did
    not download. Need help!

RonaldHepding, Jul 31, 2017
  3. direct x

That's a DirectX 9 game, so you should install DirectX 9.0c, either during game installation (if offered by the setup process) or by downloading and installing DirectX 9 End-User Runtime (DirectX
    9 Websetup
    from Microsoft).

Even newer games make use of game-specific fixes which are part of a DirectX 9 "redistributable" package, but not included in Windows 10.

Sanmartin2016, Jul 31, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Directx 9 missing?

EdTittel, Jul 31, 2017
  5. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. Always happy to help out when I can.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Directx 9 missing?

1. Directx 9 missing? - Similar Threads - Directx missing

2. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 missing: Hello I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 1 with legitimate copy of windows 10. I tried to open the in built game screen recorder with win shift g and pops up the menu saying that cannot record due to missing directx 12. Can I solve this? Otherwise how I can record my game?...
  3. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 missing: Hello I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 1 with legitimate copy of windows 10. I tried to open the in built game screen recorder with win shift g and pops up the menu saying that cannot record due to missing directx 12. Can I solve this? Otherwise how I can record my game?...
  4. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. d3dx9_39 missing error but i have directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    d3dx9_39 missing error but i have directx 12: ive been having severe issues with being able to play games on my computer. it’s happened with two different games now, League of Legends and Danganronpa V3 and everywhere tells me that the issue is with not having the latest version of DirectX installed. While trying to play...
  6. DirectX 9.0c on windows 10. Missing d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9.0c on windows 10. Missing d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll: Hi windows community. So, I installed an oldergame from Steam and tried to launch it, but nothing happened. I located the exefile and tried to launch the game from the folder, but it didn't work either.I'm missing two dll files: d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll. I made...
  7. DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! In following post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1 in reply there is a suggestion to download DirectX End-User Runtime, a link which was broken lately - it simply...
  8. directx feature level 11_0 is missing(screenshot added)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    directx feature level 11_0 is missing(screenshot added): [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/9ytzeg09m3661.png?width=721&format=png&auto=webp&s=4b0205850a4abcaee25134320825a50d7f95019e submitted by /u/fatir930 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg3pdl/directx_feature_level_11_0_is_missingscreenshot/
  9. DirectX Missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Missing?: I have quite a few directX issues with this laptop- however I have always been able to troubleshoot them. This time I have no idea whats going on- It pops up saying "DirectX missing, blah blah, blah" I have updated drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and...
  10. Can DirectX be used to solve any missing .DLL file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can DirectX be used to solve any missing .DLL file?: Hi, i just wanted to know if i can use DirectX to solve any .dll files issue or is it only for games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-directx-be-used-to-solve-any-missing-dll-file/e3c2bfe5-4d19-484d-899a-b9985608198d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop missing directx 9.0c