Windows 10: DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

Discus and support DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SipanHoj, Oct 8, 2021.

1. SipanHoj Win User

DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum game requirements.Many thanks,Sipan

:)

SipanHoj, Oct 8, 2021

2. Games requiring Directx 9

I bought a game from the local gaming store recently (GTA SAN ANDREAS) however the DirectX that comes on the disk is saying it cannot be installed because i have a better version however the game REQUIRES directx 9 so how do i play what i payed for or should
    i directly request a refund from Microsoft for FORCING a windows 10 install on my device after i recently purchased Windows 7 Operating System?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

UberFoX360, Oct 8, 2021
  3. RajithR Win User
    Unable to play some games after upgrading to Windows 10, DirectX 9 is required

For others who are still facing the issue, check if this helps.

Some app and games require DirectX 9. However, Windows 10 include a more recent version of DirectX. If you install an app or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message, such as: "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing
    from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." The last two digits of the file name might vary. If you receive the same error message after you reinstall the app or game, go to the

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    webpage and follow the instructions to install DirectX 9 and receive updates to DirectX 9 and previous versions of DirectX.

Thank you.

RajithR, Oct 8, 2021
  4. LimerOS Win User

Microsoft Store: DirectX 9 required

When I try to install Messenger or Instagram on Windows 10 Version 1709 x86, it automatically cancels and says that my computer doesn't fulfill the requirements. I have a proper version of the system, 2 GB of RAM, and DirectX 9 or 12, but
    it still says that DirectX 9 required.

I tried to install DirectX 9, restart the computer, clean the Store cache, but nothing.

LimerOS, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed. - Similar Threads - DirectX required game

2. can I play directx 9 games on directx 12 platforms.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I play directx 9 games on directx 12 platforms.: Can I play directx 9.0 games on my windows 10 platform? I have a Dell optiplex 9010 with nvidio gt 730 graphics card. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  4. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  5. Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed: I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on a new SSD hard drive and fresh install. I downloaded Command and conquer generals and was able to play it. After a month of not playing it I tried to play it again yesterday and I get the error Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher...
  6. Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...: Ok, so I'll be brief. I am on version 1803 of Windows 10. I want to play Mutant Year Zero on my Game Pass Account, however to install I must be on version 1903. No problem I think to myself. I go ahead with the update to my OS. Several hours later, I am checking over my...
  7. DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop: I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10. The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install. I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop. Any...
  8. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX not installing while trying to install a game: Hello, I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the game for the first time, I get a pop-up window stating "Performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for...
  9. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  10. Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.: I am trying to buy some Telltale games from the MS Store, but it doesn't let me buy them as there is no green tick against the DirectX 11 requirement, even though I have DirectX 12 installed? Thanks. 70518