Windows 10: DirectX Applications

Discus and support DirectX Applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dxdiag is showing no feature levels after the windows 10 1903 global update. While in the previous update (1803), all the feature levels were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhinav Sinha, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DirectX Applications

Dxdiag is showing no feature levels after the windows 10 1903 global update. While in the previous update (1803), all the feature levels were available. Many applications are not working as a dialogue box telling feature level 10.0 or 11.0 etc. are missing. Please provide a solution.

:)

Abhinav Sinha, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Applications using Directx stopped working.

Hi,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps like uninstalling the game, reinstalling DirectX and updating the drivers for your Ibuypower WA563R7 running Windows 10 computer. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided below. If you're done with the first one, you may proceed to the other possible solution:

• Install the previous version of DirectX - To do that, you can download the installer from this
      link.
    • Reinstall your graphic card drivers. - To do so, follow these steps:
    • Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager.
    • Go to Display Adapters and locate graphic driver.
    • Right click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Check Remove the driver software for this device and click
      OK
    • Restart your computer once you're done uninstalling the driver.
    • When computer restarts, go to graphic card manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.
    • Install the downloaded drivers.
    3. Reinstall one of the previous updates. - Some installed updates can cause issues with DirectX. if that's the case, you might have to uninstall those updates.

Do update us with the results.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX Applications

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Applications

1. DirectX Applications - Similar Threads - DirectX Applications

2. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  3. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Feature Level: Why does task manager performance tab show directx feature level 12.1 and dxdiag show feature level 12.2? Why doesn't task manager say 12.2 feature level?Task Manager=========================================================================================DXDIAG...
  4. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  5. How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?

How can I fix this DirectX 11 black screen when I launch a game?: This is the screenshot of the screen when I launch the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-directx-11-black-screen-when-i/6f1b41b8-ddc0-41b3-b8e4-4c4e538b757e
  6. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  7. Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...

Message d'erruer : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is...: Bonjour,J'ai réinstaller le vieux jeu Pandora's Box laptop et le message d'erreur : Unable to create DirectDraw surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed, and then try againJ'ai fait des recherches sur le forum et il semble que je doive installer le ficher patch...
  8. I have directx 12 but my application requires directx 11

I have directx 12 but my application requires directx 11: Hi, i want to play fortnite on my pc. I have a ati graphics card and it is not letting play fortnite. My directx which is installed is directx 12 and it's feature levels go up to 10. Please someone help me. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos and the all say the same...
  9. DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications: Hello, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this problem I've been experiencing for about a day now. I've had my computer for over a year now and I would consider it better than just a casual computer so I don't understand what exactly is...
  10. DirectX 12 Applications show a white screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX 12 Applications show a white screen.: Hello, Well, it seems that every time I open one of these programs, Nestopia WinVICE XLaunchpad Tabletop Simulator Dolphin (in-game) WiinUPro DOSBox or GameMaker: Studio (I know, I'm quite the emulator guy.) it shows either a blank screen or a garbled screen from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direct x apllications