Windows 10: DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04

Discus and support DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't seem to be able to change resolution in most if not all games that use DX, couldn't change resolution in Far Cry 3 (both in DX9 and DX11),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kenielf, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04

I don't seem to be able to change resolution in most if not all games that use DX, couldn't change resolution in Far Cry 3 (both in DX9 and DX11), Watch Dogs 2(same thing) and Rocket League (I could change the resolution but only in DX9, now DX9 has been removed from the game entirely).

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I run windows on a Dell Inspiron 3442, with an Intel I5 4210U, 4GB of RAM, integrated graphics.

submitted by /u/Kenielf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kenielf, Sep 21, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Sep 21, 2020
  4. DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04

Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04

1. DirectX Based Resolution Issues in Windows 10 20.04 - Similar Threads - DirectX Based Resolution

2. Boot issues after 2022-04 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot issues after 2022-04 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057: Hi all,I woke up to find my computer Windows 10, I'm pretty sure I bought Pro though Sysinfo is showing Home wasn't booting correctly. I opened up the command panel in advanced repair options and used the following commands, using third-party advice.bootrec.exe...
  3. Directx issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx issue: I can't tell after which windows update specifically this happened but all of a sudden some games stopped working and didn't startup.The games get a start error 0xc000007b.searching through the internet i learned that this error is related to dx and microsoft c++. dxdiag says...
  4. Possible directx issue but overall windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible directx issue but overall windows 10 issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The3mbered0ne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljfnrr/possible_directx_issue_but_overall_windows_10/
  5. Directx Issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Directx Issues?: So I recently download team fortress 2 on steam, and when I opened it it wanted to do a first time setup and "install directx" After it finished nothing happened. I tried restarting my PC and retrying it but nothing works. I also tried to reinstall directx but the file I...
  6. failed to install on ‎04-‎Nov-‎20 - 0x8024000b

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed to install on ‎04-‎Nov-‎20 - 0x8024000b: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, failed to install on ‎04-‎Nov-‎20 - 0x8024000b please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-on-04-nov-20-0x8024000b/bc6c2468-bc0b-4650-aaf3-4886122085db
  7. Issues with directx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with directx: Having directx issues with multiple games. First issues arose with Valorant and i was getting an error that i was missing XAPOFX1_5.dll. Quick google search told me it was a direct x problem and gave a temporary solution. I downloaded the .dll by itself and placed in the...
  8. DirectX Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Issue: I bought a brand-new PC a few days ago, and while most things are running great I'm having DirectX issues with several games -- namely games made by Paradox Interactive. I've been in contact with their technical support, but they've been able to resolve my issue. It might...
  9. DirectX Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Issues: Hello, I downloaded a game and when I tried to start the program it gave me an error message stating that d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I have tried troubleshooting through the game's website and none of their proposed solutions work, and it leads me to believe that there...
  10. DirectX issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX issues: I am having issues with DirectX since my PC arrived. When running games from steam that require DirectX 9-11 such as Shogun:Total War(2) on DirectX 11 it comes up with the "First time opening" message but then fails to launch after the "Downloading DirectX components". When...