Windows 10: DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Discus and support DirectX Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just want to remind people not to forget the dxdiag. it's in SysWOW64. You can check your Directx and what is enabled, also a quick peek at your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cliff S, May 23, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

I just want to remind people not to forget the dxdiag. it's in SysWOW64. You can check your Directx and what is enabled, also a quick peek at your Devices & Drivers for Display, Sound, and Input.
    Attachment 19803Attachment 19804

:)

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  2. Kem Mon Win User

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Hi,

We apologize for the late response. It is possible that the
    system files were corrupted
    causing the
    drivers to crush
    or the issue is within the
    hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice
    and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Perform a Custom Installation of Windows

Custom installation
    works like installing your
    Windows 10
    again. Performing custom installation will
    replace
    those
    corrupted system
    files
    and
    system image files
    that causes the issue to occur with a new file. Kindly refer to the
    Wiki Article
    entitled
    How
    to: Do a custom installation of Windows
    by
    Andre Da Costa.

Note:
    Kindly make sure to
    backup
    all your
    important files and folders
    to
    prevent
    data loss.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2015
  3. DirectX Diagnostic Tool

All my drivers are up-to-date and I have also been having this issue for months. I even reinstalled Windows 10 the other day but kept my personal files / apps.

EliteTusken, May 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

I keep on checking it with every new GPU driver but nothing for Dx12 in them yet. Lazy, lazy AMD darn it. There are some tests done and reportedly up 300% or more of improvement from same, moderately new hardware can be had with Dx12 but 11.1 is last that can be used.

CountMike, May 24, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    My old B960 CPU integrated graphic has it enabled
    Attachment 19869

Cliff S, May 24, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, May 24, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Look at: "Feature levels" highest it goes is to 11.1. Dx12 is enabled but drivers are not up to scratch.

CountMike, May 24, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

*DohDidn't notice*Redface. Of course that laptop could never make use of 12 any how(see specs). Although on Ubuntu the graphic are about 10X's better, because there's not so much background stuff going on(like AV or VSS) and it can concentrate more resources to the graphics, for example Desktop cube worked pretty good.

Cliff S, May 24, 2015
  9. Nvidia has put out a couple of DX12 drivers. Unfortunately, they both cause my system to lock up while gaming, so I'm stuck with a DX11 driver for now, even though my GPUs are DX12 compatible.

blackroseMD1, May 28, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I have found out a while back´, with PC's, compatible doesn't necessarily mean usable*Sad. I can well understand your disappointment.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

1. DirectX Diagnostic Tool - Similar Threads - DirectX Diagnostic Tool

2. DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding: I'm having a variety of weird technical problems, which likely aren't worth getting into here. Now, the directx diagnostics tool does not respond when launched. Any recommendations?...
  3. DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding: I'm having a variety of weird technical problems, which likely aren't worth getting into here. Now, the directx diagnostics tool does not respond when launched. Any recommendations?...
  4. Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Diagnostic Tool: So I need to check my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic, so a simple question I am asking is Do i need to run it as administrator or no? And sorry if this is not in the right spot....
  5. DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool "problem accessing Media Foundation" at pc start: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Media Foundation the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Media Foundation this time?" This is the message I have been getting for some time every time I open up my computer. Everything...
  6. processor diagnostic tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    processor diagnostic tool: When I run processor diagnostic tool, it gets to brand string test and stops with a fail. how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-diagnostic-tool/d5a7967b-bcd6-4974-8004-186f56709dbb
  7. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: Hello, I started the above tool now it is just looping for the last 3 days. I dont have any installation media as I wasnt given any when I b9ought this PC, I think there may be a partition I can reinstall from. I d0ont want to reinstall I just want this awful piece of...
  8. What diagnostic tool is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What diagnostic tool is this?: What program is he using in the video? -Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paR_oZtNmyI&t=365s 149067
  9. Activation Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Diagnostic Tool: The information in the "Activation Troubleshooting" said to "...we request users to initially run the Activation Diagnostic Tool". And that "Choose windows validation from the menu bar and it will run the diagnostics test." However, there is no mention of where that tool is...
  10. Activation diagnostic tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation diagnostic tool: I'm resurrecting WDT for Win 10, it's been quite useful at Eightforums - but Win 10, especially with digital entitlement, has different needs. I uploaded a beta at github for those that would like to test and give feedback in terms of what is required etc. The thing at EF...