Windows 10: DirectX download errors

Discus and support DirectX download errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded a couple games on Epic, Lego Batman and the Arkham series, and I can't run any of them. When I run them, I get a d3dx9_36.dll not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Austin_H3, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Austin_H3 Win User

DirectX download errors

I downloaded a couple games on Epic, Lego Batman and the Arkham series, and I can't run any of them. When I run them, I get a d3dx9_36.dll not found error, so I searched it up and got that the solution was downloading DirectX. However, I've been trying to get DirectX with the dxwebsetup.exe file for a while now, and trying multiple things, but no luck so far. The error message I'm getting while downloading it is:

--------------------

[10/28/19 20:08:01] module: dxupdate(Mar 5 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6624, function: CMDXInstall::Install

Failed API: InstallAssembly()

Error: (0x80070005) - Access is denied.

Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

--------------------

[10/28/19 20:08:01] module: dxupdate(Mar 5 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2154, function: ExecuteCab

MDXInstall::Install() failed.

--------------------

[10/28/19 20:08:01] module: dxupdate(Mar 5 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5763, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

ExecuteCab() failed.

--------------------

Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
    Austin

:)

Austin_H3, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Casheti Win User

DirectX SDK error or something?

DirectX download errors [​IMG]

This is an error for Dance eJay 7 that a friend is getting, he's tried re installing it but it still doesn't work.

I said he should download the DirectX SDK stuff and he did and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Or maybe he downloaded the wrong SDK thing? Can I get a link to the right one if that's the case...

Casheti, Oct 28, 2019
  3. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX download errors

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

DirectX download errors

1. DirectX download errors - Similar Threads - DirectX download errors

2. Directx ERROR!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx ERROR!!!!!: hola buenas tengo una Corei7 2600, intente jugar BLade & Soul y Guild Wars 2 los 2 me dan el mismo problema me dice que debo actualizar el directx 11 o algo asi, el mensaje dice DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine revise y tengo instalado el directx 12...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  5. DirectX download ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX download ?: Hi all, I just reset my computer today and I tried to redownload and run some games, but they all say that the d3dx9_39.dll file is missing. Upon searching online many say to download DirectX, but the DIrectX download on Microsoft's pages are all missing. Anyone know what's...
  6. DirectX Download, Where is it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Download, Where is it?: Hey there! Just looking for the directx download directory. Every link I click on google takes me to the microsoft website and has nothing there for me. I get a 404 error, so I'm guessing microsoft deleted their download of it for some reason. If anyone has it or knows how to...
  7. DirectX downloads not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX downloads not available: Dear reader, I want to install RuneScape on my PC with a fresh install of windows 10. The game asks to download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtimes. But on the microsoft download page it says "We're sorry, this download is no longer available.". So I looked for the directX web...
  8. DirectX Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Error: Hello, I have been having trouble lately when trying to start games that had already worked. I tried updating/reinstalling drivers but that didn't work. Im running an Acer Aspire VX5-591G with: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 19041 Intel Core i5-7300HQ Intel HD Graphics...
  9. Directx Download and Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx Download and Install: Dear sir/Madam, Please help me with the link and guidance of latest version of DirectX for my pc. Thanks and Regards Yashwant V Jadhav https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-download-and-install/2273aacd-9e0c-41f2-8c13-070d1fc0dbdb
  10. Directx error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx error: I have been trying to download a few games from Origin. As soon as I do I get this error message saying something about directx . Igo to update my directx and before it finishes, it gives me another error as follows: After trying to update DirectX an internal system error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Directx failed 2012 downlnd