Windows 10: DirectX downloads not available

Discus and support DirectX downloads not available in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear reader, I want to install RuneScape on my PC with a fresh install of windows 10. The game asks to download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtimes. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Le Malo, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Le Malo Win User

DirectX downloads not available

Dear reader,

I want to install RuneScape on my PC with a fresh install of windows 10. The game asks to download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtimes. But on the microsoft download page it says "We're sorry, this download is no longer available.".

So I looked for the directX web installer but it gives the same error message. Is there a way to download these DirectX files?

links:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjXovmB377uAhWEyYUKHZOnD1QQFjAAegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fnl-nl%2Fdownload%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D35&usg=AOvVaw1Fvx59Lz3Es5Vv6BzYX2nK

Error 404 - Not Found microsoft.com

:)

Le Malo, Jan 28, 2021

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 28, 2021
  3. How to update Directx

Hi Javier,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates.

Launch Windows Updates from Start >
    Settings
    > Update and Recovery and click
    Check for Updates. (Make sure you have an active Internet connection) and install all the available Windows Updates.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter driver and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it and check if it fixes the issue.

Check if it helps.

Reference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/10/01/directx-12-and-windows-10.aspx

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 28, 2021
  4. DirectX downloads not available

how to Update DirectX in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Windows 10 will have DirectX 12 installed.

Firstly, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates.

Launch Windows Updates from Start
    > Settings > Update and Recovery
    and click Check for Updates. (Make sure you have an active Internet connection) and install all the available Windows Updates.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter driver and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it and check if it fixes the issue.

Reference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/10/01/directx-12-and-windows-10.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

DirectX downloads not available

1. DirectX downloads not available - Similar Threads - DirectX downloads available

2. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  3. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  4. DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DirectX Runtime Download keeps failing.: Hello, I discovered this issue when I would try and download certain games through Xbox Game Pass Halo: Master Chief Collection, Payday 3, etc. Whenever I would download the game, it only said "Queued" with nothing else downloading in the Xbox app. This prompted me to check...
  5. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  6. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  7. DirectX download ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX download ?: Hi all, I just reset my computer today and I tried to redownload and run some games, but they all say that the d3dx9_39.dll file is missing. Upon searching online many say to download DirectX, but the DIrectX download on Microsoft's pages are all missing. Anyone know what's...
  8. DirectX Download, Where is it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Download, Where is it?: Hey there! Just looking for the directx download directory. Every link I click on google takes me to the microsoft website and has nothing there for me. I get a 404 error, so I'm guessing microsoft deleted their download of it for some reason. If anyone has it or knows how to...
  9. Directx Download and Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx Download and Install: Dear sir/Madam, Please help me with the link and guidance of latest version of DirectX for my pc. Thanks and Regards Yashwant V Jadhav https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-download-and-install/2273aacd-9e0c-41f2-8c13-070d1fc0dbdb
  10. DirectX download errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX download errors: I downloaded a couple games on Epic, Lego Batman and the Arkham series, and I can't run any of them. When I run them, I get a d3dx9_36.dll not found error, so I searched it up and got that the solution was downloading DirectX. However, I've been trying to get DirectX with the...