Windows 10: DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching

Discus and support DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i've been having some problems with Steam Games not launching, and after a lot of troubleshooting attempts I tried installing DirectX again, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeonardoBraga2, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching

So i've been having some problems with Steam Games not launching, and after a lot of troubleshooting attempts I tried installing DirectX again, but once i used the "DXSETUP" one, it gives the "DXerror.log and directx.log" error. Opening the DXerror.log I have:

[03/24/20 10:21:41] module: dxupdateJan 24 2007, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2223, function: RegisterDLL

Failed API: LoadLibraryEx

Error: 193 - %1 não é um aplicativo Win32 válido. English: is not a Win32 valid app

Unable to load C:\WINDOWS\system32\xactengine2_1.dll.

--------------------

[03/24/20 10:21:41] module: dxupdateJan 24 2007, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5815, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

RegisterDllFromSection failed.

--------------------

[03/24/20 10:21:41] module: dsetup32Jan 24 2007, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn failed.

--------------------

[03/24/20 10:21:41] module: dsetup32Jan 24 2007, file: setup.cpp, line: 1701, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn failed.

After this i've tried various methods such as running the commands "chkdsk", "dism CheckHealth", "dism RestoreHealth" , "scf /scannow" but none of those helped.

Using "dxdiag" it doesn't show anything unusual and I'm running DirectX 12 at the most recent Windows 10 build as of the time of writing. And yes, all my drivers are up to date.

:)

LeonardoBraga2, Mar 24, 2020

2. Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

I just got a new laptop that is an hp with a AMD ryzen 3 2200U processor and integrated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics

when i check the dxdiag info it says I have directx 12 installed but when I finished downloading Counter strike global offensive and tried to launch it says that it is starting up for the first time and installing Microsoft DirectX and after that it just
    closes and says im ingame and then after 5 seconds it says im not in game on steam, I tried to install directx 9 my self but it wont work and just says to check DXError.log and DirectX.log and when i check the logs it just says a bunch of random stuff i do
    not understand, i have tried many things and none of them seem to work could somebody please help me launch my steam games

hayden_088, Mar 24, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

Interesting. This is the second thread in two days regarding Steam having DirectX problems with new machines,

and getting errors when the game tries to install DirectX

(which is already fully installed in Win10. Or should be, but games don't bother asking permission to install DX any more.

They just go ahead and install DX automatically, which can corrupt some DX files at times).

Your post seems to verify there is an issue with Steam, but the other person tried reinstalling the Steam client and that didn't help.

Still don't know what the real issue is. Have a read of that thread.
    --- HERE ---

Don't post on his thread though. Come back here with your comments and updates on your problem.

"i have tried many things and none of them seem to work "

- Always list everything you have tried in your post. It can help you having to read the same suggestions, and save us from having to type them.

BossDweeb, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Kynshra Win User

DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching

DirectX problem,Steam games stopped working

Hello Guys,

Here's the problem:

All of a sudden all of my Steam games stopped working. Although I have DirectX 12 installed (checked in dxdiag) Steam is telling me I need the latest version of DirectX (r). The fun thing is that I can still play The division and League (Basically all games
    not required to be launched via Steam).

Things I've tried to fix:

- I ran sfc /scannow and it found zero problems.

- I checked dxdiag and I have DirectX 12 installed

- I have updated my graphics driver to all the latest versions

- I tried to reset my pc for a clean install and it failed due to an unknown error multiple times

- I tried to download the latest versions of DirectX from the official Microsoft website but the installation keeps failing due to an internal system error.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kynshra, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching

1. DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching - Similar Threads - DirectX DXerror log

2. DirectX's error in middle of the game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX's error in middle of the game: Hi, I have already done most of YouTube solutions from reinstalling game and windows or run game with admin But I have not seen any error recorded in Event Viewer so far first is the information in text===================================================Fault bucket...
  3. DirectX's error in middle of the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX's error in middle of the game: Hi, I have already done most of YouTube solutions from reinstalling game and windows or run game with admin But I have not seen any error recorded in Event Viewer so far first is the information in text===================================================Fault bucket...
  4. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  5. How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?: I ask about DirectX because when I clicked to play Don't Starve for the first time (I used Linux, but I returned to Windows 10 a few months ago), it asked me to install DirectX. I clicked no, thinking I could just do that later, and now, the game doesn't launch. I Is this...
  6. DXError and DirectX issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXError and DirectX issues: Just got a new computer and tried to download games to play, but one of the games on Steam would fail to play. I ended up getting an Error "The following components are required to run this program: DirectX Runtime." I already have the updated version of DirectX, but still...
  7. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  8. DirectX Issues related to Steam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Issues related to Steam: Hello, I haven't been able to run any games on Steam lately. When Steam shows the 'Performing first time setup...' prompt, it fails to install DirectX on all games. Assetto Corsa Competizione gets a 'The following component(s) are required to run this program: DirectX...
  9. Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded: I just got a new laptop that is an hp with a AMD ryzen 3 2200U processor and integrated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics when i check the dxdiag info it says I have directx 12 installed but when I finished downloading Counter strike global offensive and tried to launch it says...
  10. DirectX Issues (Steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Issues (Steam): I'm running an Early 2015 MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM with Windows 10 64-bit through a Boot Camped external drive. Overwatch, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, and Portal 2 all run perfectly fine - heck, Portal runs better than it...