Windows 10: DirectX game issues

Discus and support DirectX game issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software. I have tried many solutions and have not found a working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyanSmart, May 20, 2020.

1. RyanSmart Win User

DirectX game issues

Hi,

whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software.

I have tried many solutions and have not found a working solution.

My DirectX software is DirectX 12 and my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

:)

RyanSmart, May 20, 2020

2. Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 20, 2020
  3. Lots of DirectX issues

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• While playing which games you face this issue?

• Is your system up to date?

• Have you updated graphics card?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming.

DirectX graphics and gaming

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/directx-graphics-and-gaming#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers.
    Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers
    in Windows 10

Method 3:

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 20, 2020
  4. DirectX game issues

unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, May 20, 2020
Thema:

DirectX game issues

1. DirectX game issues - Similar Threads - DirectX game issues

2. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  3. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  4. DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 performance and game launching issues: A month ago I downloaded directx12 and from then issues and alot of them started showing up.. the first of them that I discovered was my recording and streaming applications only record/stream a black screen already tried multiple fixes within the software but its not a...
  5. Issue with running DirectX 10/11 Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with running DirectX 10/11 Games: Well, I have old graphics card but it's support DirectX 11 ASUS with NVIDIA GeForce 210 chipset.Every DirectX 10/11 game installed just show me a error saying "DirectX feature level 11.0 required to play the game" and so on, i checked dxdiag and as usual DX12 is installed by...
  6. Directx Issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Directx Issues?: So I recently download team fortress 2 on steam, and when I opened it it wanted to do a first time setup and "install directx" After it finished nothing happened. I tried restarting my PC and retrying it but nothing works. I also tried to reinstall directx but the file I...
  7. DirectX Issue on multiple games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DirectX Issue on multiple games.: I've been having an issue with DirectX for a while and cannot for the life of me fix it. Knowing my luck it's either something simple and obvious that I somehow missed or I'm going to have to fully reinstall windows and wipe everything. So I'm going to break everything down...
  8. Problem with DirectX issue in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX issue in games: I'm so dying to pay fortnite on my PC but every time I download it, and then try to play it, it shows a DirectX error something like 'direct X feature 11 level 10 is required to run the game. I tried everything, youtube tutorials, downloading directX, changing settings in...
  9. Problem with DirectX issue in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX issue in games: I'm so dying to pay fortnite on my PC but every time I download it, and then try to play it, it shows a DirectX error something like 'direct X feature 11 level 10 is required to run the game' I tried everything, youtube tutorials, downloading directX, changing settings in...
  10. Directx 12 issues in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 issues in Games: Hello everyone, I am facing a rather annoying problem with playing games recently. I tried to play a few directx12 games and most of them seem to freeze and crash afterwards. Some games , which crash a few minutes after starting are Shadow of the tomb raider, Rainbow...