Windows 10: DirectX game issues

Discus and support DirectX game issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software. I have tried many solutions and have not found a working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyanSmart, May 20, 2020.

1. RyanSmart Win User

DirectX game issues

Hi,

whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software.

I have tried many solutions and have not found a working solution.

My DirectX software is DirectX 12 and my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

:)

RyanSmart, May 20, 2020

2. Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 20, 2020
  3. Lots of DirectX issues

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• While playing which games you face this issue?

• Is your system up to date?

• Have you updated graphics card?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming.

DirectX graphics and gaming

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/directx-graphics-and-gaming#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers.
    Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers
    in Windows 10

Method 3:

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 20, 2020
  4. DirectX game issues

unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, May 20, 2020
Thema:

DirectX game issues

1. DirectX game issues - Similar Threads - DirectX game issues

2. DXError and DirectX issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DXError and DirectX issues: Just got a new computer and tried to download games to play, but one of the games on Steam would fail to play. I ended up getting an Error "The following components are required to run this program: DirectX Runtime." I already have the updated version of DirectX, but still...
  3. Directx 12 issues in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 issues in Games: Hello everyone, I am facing a rather annoying problem with playing games recently. I tried to play a few directx12 games and most of them seem to freeze and crash afterwards. Some games , which crash a few minutes after starting are Shadow of the tomb raider, Rainbow...
  4. DirectX Issue

DirectX Issue: I bought a brand-new PC a few days ago, and while most things are running great I'm having DirectX issues with several games -- namely games made by Paradox Interactive. I've been in contact with their technical support, but they've been able to resolve my issue. It might...
  5. DirectX Error Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DirectX Error Issues: So I am trying to play Gary's Mod with my friends and I have had one of them try to help me with this issue. it wont let me play because the 'D3DX9_40.dll" file is missing. So he went on to forums and online help to try to figure out how to fix it. we tried what they said and...
  6. DirectX Issues

DirectX Issues: Hello, I downloaded a game and when I tried to start the program it gave me an error message stating that d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I have tried troubleshooting through the game's website and none of their proposed solutions work, and it leads me to believe that there...
  7. DirectX games won't load

DirectX games won't load: hello, microsoft community. i have tried playing multiple games (team fortress 2, super meat boy, the end is nigh) and they have all failed to launch. this started occuring after a fresh install of windows i got when i was having issues with my wifi connection. i have...
  8. DirectX issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX issues: I am having issues with DirectX since my PC arrived. When running games from steam that require DirectX 9-11 such as Shogun:Total War(2) on DirectX 11 it comes up with the "First time opening" message but then fails to launch after the "Downloading DirectX components". When...
  9. DirectX Issues (Steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Issues (Steam): I'm running an Early 2015 MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM with Windows 10 64-bit through a Boot Camped external drive. Overwatch, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, and Portal 2 all run perfectly fine - heck, Portal runs better than it...
  10. Graphics Card DirectX Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card DirectX Issue: I have been trying to play Civilization 5 (an older game, I know, but it works fine on my Windows 10 laptop) and it keeps crashing on my Windows 10 desktop. Noticing that it runs in DirectX 9 mode fine and only crashes in DirectX 10/11 mode, I decided to look at my system's...