Windows 10: DirectX installation problems

Discus and support DirectX installation problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JPH20, Jan 7, 2019.

1. JPH20 Win User

DirectX installation problems

I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error.

:)

JPH20, Jan 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 7, 2019
  3. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 7, 2019
  4. DirectX installation problems

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

DirectX installation problems

1. DirectX installation problems - Similar Threads - DirectX installation problems

2. Problem with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  3. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  4. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  5. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Directx Installation problem..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directx Installation problem..: I'm trying to install DirectX from 2 weeks. Every time it says An Internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXerror.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem. I tried running the SFC scan and tried changing registry to fix this problem. I tried...
  7. DirectX Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Problems: Rainbow Six (this runs DirectX) crashes when i try to launch it and i get an error:[ATTACH] Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried verifying the integrity (this game is on Steam) but to no avail. I have tried reinstalling my drivers and...
  8. DirectX installation problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX installation problems: I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  9. Directx problem

Directx problem: When I open Instagram app Direct3D feature level 9_3 or higher. I have Directx 12. what's the problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/directx-problem/97c495be-bfcd-4c2b-8023-a01673aaed13
  10. DirectX Problems

DirectX Problems: Having fun with DirectX, tells me internal error? I tried installed Mass Effect and got so far, then Crash! direct X failure. Other games crash and report direct x problem? dxdiag tells me my dx is up to date and does not needs installing In process of full reinstall...