Windows 10: DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

Discus and support DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DirectX is coming to the Windows Subsystem for Linux At //build 2020 we announced that GPU hardware acceleration is coming to the Windows Subsystem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 19, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...x-heart-linux/

See also: The Windows Subsystem for Linux BUILD 2020 Summary

How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10

:)

Brink, May 19, 2020

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have downloaded Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store and you are getting an error when running the PowerShell command. However, as per the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    you need to run the PowerShell command first and then install the required Linux distribution from the store. I suggest you to try running the PowerShell command
    first and check.

For more information on Windows Subsystem for Linux, please refer the articles

Windows Subsystem for Linux Documentation
    and

Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals and experts on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 19, 2020
  4. DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

Issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 on your PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the section Set a distro to be backed by WSL 2 using the command line from the article

Installation Instructions for WSL 2
    and see if that helps.

However, since the issue is related to Windows Subsystem for Linux, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 19, 2020
Thema:

DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

1. DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) - Similar Threads - DirectX coming Subsystem

2. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found: Guys help, I've contacted ms support multiple times and none of the agents have been able to solve the issue.so, I have Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL with Ubuntu installed. yesterday, i tried to install docker, and it was kind of a mess, so i just uninstalled it in every...
  3. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found: Guys help, I've contacted ms support multiple times and none of the agents have been able to solve the issue.so, I have Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL with Ubuntu installed. yesterday, i tried to install docker, and it was kind of a mess, so i just uninstalled it in every...
  4. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  6. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  7. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

8. windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop

windows 10 subsystem linux wsl on desktop: Has anyone been able to get the sub-system Linux to run on Windows 10 desktop? I have followed different tutorials but to date none of them have actually opened Ubuntu in Windows 10. Just curious to know if it can be made to work....
  9. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...
  10. Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise: Recently, customers in an enterprise environment have asked if there is a way to install WSL without an internet connection. These companies had some machines that would benefit from having WSL, but don't have an internet connection for security, logistics, or other reasons....