Windows 10: DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

Discus and support DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this problem I've been experiencing for about a day now. I've had my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CreepyMasta, Oct 14, 2018.

1. DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

Hello, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this problem I've been experiencing for about a day now.

I've had my computer for over a year now and I would consider it better than just a casual computer so I don't understand what exactly is happening.

This has never happened before, and I just hope that this isn't a computer breaking bug or something.

Last night, I opened up Unity so that I could rig some avatar and animations up for VRchat- but when I opened up the project for the first time ever, it said that it "failed to utilize unity graphics". So I went researching of course to see what the problem was and when I went on Unity's own site, it said it was a DirectX problem. I have DirectX 12 and I've never had problems with it before so I attempted every fix I could. Nothing has worked so when I got done trying out Unity, I attempted to play a game to see if the DirectX problem would spread to other software and of course, it did.

I'm frustrated at this point because I've spent hours trying to fix this problem and installing windows and reinstalling my drivers but nothing is being fixed by any means. This all happened after I ran "msconfig" and changed a few settings in order to fix any possible memory issues. I believe what I did was switch the startup from normal to selective, and I changed the number of processors from 1 to 4. I also checked maximum memory, and changed it to 8 Gigs because I have 8 Gigabytes of RAM and I wanted to make sure my computer was Utilizing it. I've undone the memory check and switched back the processor to 1. I'm also attempting to switch back to a normal startup to see if that works.

I've gone on many questions, forums, and watched multiple videos and tutorials to see how to fix my problem but none of them have worked. I am running out of ideas and it's really bugging me considering that I don't want to buy a completely new computer just because of the issue.

:)

CreepyMasta, Oct 14, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

Applications using Directx stopped working.

Hi,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps like uninstalling the game, reinstalling DirectX and updating the drivers for your Ibuypower WA563R7 running Windows 10 computer. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided below. If you're done with the first one, you may proceed to the other possible solution:

• Install the previous version of DirectX - To do that, you can download the installer from this
      link.
    • Reinstall your graphic card drivers. - To do so, follow these steps:
    • Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager.
    • Go to Display Adapters and locate graphic driver.
    • Right click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Check Remove the driver software for this device and click
      OK
    • Restart your computer once you're done uninstalling the driver.
    • When computer restarts, go to graphic card manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.
    • Install the downloaded drivers.
    3. Reinstall one of the previous updates. - Some installed updates can cause issues with DirectX. if that's the case, you might have to uninstall those updates.

Do update us with the results.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

1. DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications - Similar Threads - DirectX Isn't Working

2. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  3. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  4. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  5. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  6. DirectX's feature level isn't showing up

DirectX's feature level isn't showing up: I need some help on the feature levels, because feature level isn't on the "dxdiag" softwareWhy is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directxs-feature-level-isnt-showing-up/b1acadc8-24eb-4aac-92b3-9ef1bb2179ca
  7. DirectX And Video Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX And Video Games: So I’m having problems with my directX communication with my games. I’ve got the latest updates on all ends. Ryzen 9 5950 16 core. My gpu 3080 nvidia up to date. Windows is up to date. And all my games are up to date. However all of them are crashing in relation to bad...
  8. DirectX game issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX game issues: Hi, whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software. I have tried many solutions and have not found a working solution. My DirectX software is DirectX 12 and my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti...
  9. DirectX Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Applications: Dxdiag is showing no feature levels after the windows 10 1903 global update. While in the previous update (1803), all the feature levels were available. Many applications are not working as a dialogue box telling feature level 10.0 or 11.0 etc. are missing. Please provide a...
  10. Xbox Game Chat isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Chat isn't working: Hi all, I can't seem to get any sort of chat working via Xbox for PC. I can't hear anyone in Sea of Thieves and they can't hear me. Similarly, I'm shown as muted in Halo Wars 2. I'm able to chat successfully via Discord so it's not a microphone issue. Any help would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directx applications not working

2. directx isnt working windows 10=