Windows 10: DirectX Issues related to Steam

Discus and support DirectX Issues related to Steam in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I haven't been able to run any games on Steam lately. When Steam shows the 'Performing first time setup...' prompt, it fails to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShawnSolo92, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DirectX Issues related to Steam

Hello,

I haven't been able to run any games on Steam lately.

When Steam shows the 'Performing first time setup...' prompt, it fails to install DirectX on all games.

Assetto Corsa Competizione gets a 'The following component(s) are required to run this program: DirectX Runtime' message.

I have CCleaner, but I don't use it until I run the installed games.

I get an 'Error - An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log' while trying to install DirectX.

I ran 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt in Adminand restarted then tried reinstalling DirectX again, but no luck yet.

I reset my PC and have done a Fresh Start I couldn't tell you how many times and I still have this problem.

I feel like showing the DXError.log and DirectX.log files would help, but I can't find them anywhere.

Origin and Uplay are running games flawlessly.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

DirectX Issues related to Steam 50320358-690f-4e9e-b30c-f3d5a73bf9a1?upload=true.jpg DirectX Issues related to Steam 2e1885bc-1616-4787-99f9-78418e578d17?upload=true.jpg DirectX Issues related to Steam 7229ff5b-f927-40d2-97ba-eca16edc6bb9?upload=true.jpg

:)

ShawnSolo92, Jan 4, 2019

2. Issues related to DirectX on Steam

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know if the issue is specific when you are using the online game platform, i.e Steam.

Please be informed that Windows 10 will have Direct X v11.2 preinstalled. If you need the latest DirectX version, the simplest way to update the DirectX on your Windows using Windows update.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

In case windows is unable to download updates for the latest DirectX versions, follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential issues present
    in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Windows Update option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

If it still does not help, launch the game while you place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be bale to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Luuauler Win User
    Issues related to DirectX on Steam

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, wore windows 7. The problem I get is by steam, gaming platform, that when I try to start a game it needs to make the first start and appears: Installing Microsoft DirectX for Windows. But it never ends, what should I do?

I read something about this error occurs when you do a windows update to another, losing or not having the latest version, where should I look to upgrade?

Thanks.

Problems With DirectX ( on steam ? )

Luuauler, Jan 4, 2019
  4. DirectX Issues related to Steam

DirectX related issues and not able to activate DirectPlay

Hi,

There are various reasons why you are getting an internal system error related to DirectX on your computer. It is possible that the current version of the DirectX installed on your computer is incompatible with your games or some log files are corrupted.
    To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after a system update?
    • What is the DirectX version installed on your computer. To check, you may follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, we recommend that you change the compatibility settings on your computer by following the steps on this

link
    to make older programs compatible with Windows 10.

For Windows Update issues, please create a new thread under Windows 10 > Update and Recovery.

Loraine Mon, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Issues related to Steam

1. DirectX Issues related to Steam - Similar Threads - DirectX Issues related

2. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Related to steam link: Why does my O.S keeps telling me You'll need a new app to open this steam link when i want to run pro evolution soccer 2019 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-steam-link/954f3788-28ef-4397-bda1-8ee78e4cf40b
  3. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to steam link: Why does my O.S keeps telling me You'll need a new app to open this steam link when i want to run pro evolution soccer 2019 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-steam-link/954f3788-28ef-4397-bda1-8ee78e4cf40b
  4. Related to steam link

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Directx Issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Directx Issues?: So I recently download team fortress 2 on steam, and when I opened it it wanted to do a first time setup and "install directx" After it finished nothing happened. I tried restarting my PC and retrying it but nothing works. I also tried to reinstall directx but the file I...
  6. Issues with directx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with directx: Having directx issues with multiple games. First issues arose with Valorant and i was getting an error that i was missing XAPOFX1_5.dll. Quick google search told me it was a direct x problem and gave a temporary solution. I downloaded the .dll by itself and placed in the...
  7. DirectX Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Issue: I bought a brand-new PC a few days ago, and while most things are running great I'm having DirectX issues with several games -- namely games made by Paradox Interactive. I've been in contact with their technical support, but they've been able to resolve my issue. It might...
  8. DirectX Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Issues: Hello, I downloaded a game and when I tried to start the program it gave me an error message stating that d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I have tried troubleshooting through the game's website and none of their proposed solutions work, and it leads me to believe that there...
  9. DirectX issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX issues: I am having issues with DirectX since my PC arrived. When running games from steam that require DirectX 9-11 such as Shogun:Total War(2) on DirectX 11 it comes up with the "First time opening" message but then fails to launch after the "Downloading DirectX components". When...
  10. DirectX Issues (Steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Issues (Steam): I'm running an Early 2015 MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM with Windows 10 64-bit through a Boot Camped external drive. Overwatch, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, and Portal 2 all run perfectly fine - heck, Portal runs better than it...