Windows 10: DirectX Issues

Discus and support DirectX Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a game and when I tried to start the program it gave me an error message stating that d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick1111, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Nick1111 Win User

DirectX Issues

Hello,

I downloaded a game and when I tried to start the program it gave me an error message stating that d3dx9_42.dll was not found. I have tried troubleshooting through the game's website and none of their proposed solutions work, and it leads me to believe that there might be a problem with the DirectX. I tried updating it through the Microsoft website using the dxwebsetup.exe but that resulted in another error. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

Nick

:)

Nick1111, Feb 1, 2019

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 1, 2019
  4. DirectX Issues

Lots of DirectX issues

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• While playing which games you face this issue?

• Is your system up to date?

• Have you updated graphics card?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming.

DirectX graphics and gaming

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/directx-graphics-and-gaming#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers.
    Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers
    in Windows 10

Method 3:

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Issues

1. DirectX Issues - Similar Threads - DirectX Issues

2. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  3. I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having an issue with directx 12 games.: After about 5 minutes of gameplay the game freezes and I have a full system crash then the pc reboots. It started happening out of the blue. I was playing the division 2 for a few hours when it first happened and now it's happening every time I try. I switched to directx 11...
  4. Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx...: Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx error make sure to update to the latest graphic drivers when they are already the latest and there is no other windows update needed, I'm using the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050, and I'm...
  5. Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx...

Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx...: Hi, I'm have issue when I'm playing eafc24 only, the game keeps crashing and it say directx error make sure to update to the latest graphic drivers when they are already the latest and there is no other windows update needed, I'm using the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050, and I'm...
  6. DirectX issues even after complete restore of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX issues even after complete restore of PC: Hello,I have a PC running on windows 11 for about 1 year. Everything ran fine in the beginning but I had issues with the PC so I reinstalled windows. Ever since then I cannot run games using directX. I have tried resetting the PC deleting all files and settings using a cloud...
  7. DirectX issues even after complete restore of PC

DirectX issues even after complete restore of PC: Hello,I have a PC running on windows 11 for about 1 year. Everything ran fine in the beginning but I had issues with the PC so I reinstalled windows. Ever since then I cannot run games using directX. I have tried resetting the PC deleting all files and settings using a cloud...
  8. windows won't play online games anymore - product issue, directX issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows won't play online games anymore - product issue, directX issue?: Win 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 OS Build 19045.3570, checked for an update and was up to date.Processor: Intel® Core ™ i9-10900k CPU @ 3.70GHx, checked for an update and was up to dateRAM: 64 GB 16x4 DDR4 Corsair Ballistic 3.3k MHZ 2 channel, adjusted for proper timing in the Bios as...
  9. windows won't play online games anymore - product issue, directX issue?

windows won't play online games anymore - product issue, directX issue?: Win 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 OS Build 19045.3570, checked for an update and was up to date.Processor: Intel® Core ™ i9-10900k CPU @ 3.70GHx, checked for an update and was up to dateRAM: 64 GB 16x4 DDR4 Corsair Ballistic 3.3k MHZ 2 channel, adjusted for proper timing in the Bios as...
  10. DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue: Hello!So here is the problem when I boot up Command & Conquer on either steam or origin I purchased the game twice to make sure I am not going insane. down below. My P.C keeps telling me that I do not have DirectX 9.0 installed yet I know for a fact I do. I have followed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 directx 9 crash