Windows 10: DirectX Missing?

Discus and support DirectX Missing? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have quite a few directX issues with this laptop- however I have always been able to troubleshoot them. This time I have no idea whats going on- It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacKenzieRennert, Jun 13, 2020.

1. DirectX Missing?

I have quite a few directX issues with this laptop- however I have always been able to troubleshoot them. This time I have no idea whats going on- It pops up saying "DirectX missing, blah blah, blah" I have updated drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and nothing is changing. The only thing I can think is that an update changed something? But I am unsure how to tell which to revert to. Anyone have some ideas?

xx

:)

MacKenzieRennert, Jun 13, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Jun 13, 2020
  4. DirectX Missing?

Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

DirectX Missing?

1. DirectX Missing? - Similar Threads - DirectX Missing

2. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 missing: Hello I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 1 with legitimate copy of windows 10. I tried to open the in built game screen recorder with win shift g and pops up the menu saying that cannot record due to missing directx 12. Can I solve this? Otherwise how I can record my game?...
  3. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 missing: Hello I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 1 with legitimate copy of windows 10. I tried to open the in built game screen recorder with win shift g and pops up the menu saying that cannot record due to missing directx 12. Can I solve this? Otherwise how I can record my game?...
  4. DirectX 12 missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. d3dx9_39 missing error but i have directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    d3dx9_39 missing error but i have directx 12: ive been having severe issues with being able to play games on my computer. it’s happened with two different games now, League of Legends and Danganronpa V3 and everywhere tells me that the issue is with not having the latest version of DirectX installed. While trying to play...
  6. DirectX 9.0c on windows 10. Missing d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9.0c on windows 10. Missing d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll: Hi windows community. So, I installed an oldergame from Steam and tried to launch it, but nothing happened. I located the exefile and tried to launch the game from the folder, but it didn't work either.I'm missing two dll files: d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll. I made...
  7. DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! In following post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1 in reply there is a suggestion to download DirectX End-User Runtime, a link which was broken lately - it simply...
  8. directx feature level 11_0 is missing(screenshot added)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    directx feature level 11_0 is missing(screenshot added): [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/9ytzeg09m3661.png?width=721&format=png&auto=webp&s=4b0205850a4abcaee25134320825a50d7f95019e submitted by /u/fatir930 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg3pdl/directx_feature_level_11_0_is_missingscreenshot/
  9. Can DirectX be used to solve any missing .DLL file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can DirectX be used to solve any missing .DLL file?: Hi, i just wanted to know if i can use DirectX to solve any .dll files issue or is it only for games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-directx-be-used-to-solve-any-missing-dll-file/e3c2bfe5-4d19-484d-899a-b9985608198d
  10. Missing directX .dll files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing directX .dll files: I just recently purchased a new laptop and I'm been having quite a lot of problems with it when it comes to video games. For the last day I've been attempting to repair the issue, but with no success. I have done the following: Rolled back windows to a previous version...