Windows 10: DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Discus and support DirectX not installing while trying to install a game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rasmus Saarepera, Feb 9, 2019.

1. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the game for the first time, I get a pop-up window stating "Performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (step 1 of 1)" with the loading bar doing nothing.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 43369fb7-8035-4ebb-bf0f-2bbdafec0201?upload=true.jpg

It just stands there and after about 10 seconds the window disappears and nothing. I can see from Task Manager that no background aren't running like the game or something else that would reference to installing something. After trying to install the game again, the process repeats itself and then nothing.

dxdiag for reference

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 110273ea-bbbd-40e6-bc99-9d1adfafdf70?upload=true.jpg

Tried to google about this issue, and it seems that I am not the only one having this issue. Tried some tips from here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/discussions/0/364040961436773341/

Tried setting both applications to start as administrator. Did not help because basically nothing changed besides Steam throwing up an error about starting in compatibility mode.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 95b4c3fa-622a-4f28-890c-23b8c038ce05?upload=true.jpg

Tried to run DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

( http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35 ) It didn't run to the end due to an error the loading bar went backward and said couldn't finish the installation.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 21810d8d-4567-4ac1-aaf6-5090afb3ff94?upload=true.jpg

Same with DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime (

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 )

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 46b138dd-fe7c-41b9-8b45-a4ca036051d8?upload=true.jpg

What could be the cause of this problem? Who should I turn to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Rasmus Saarepera, Feb 9, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Directx Will Not Install!!!!!

I would suggest that you uninstall your chipset and video drivers. Run driversweeper. Install motherboard chipset drivers, then latest video drivers. Then try installing Direct X.

erocker, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Melchizedek Qui, Feb 9, 2019
  4. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

1. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game - Similar Threads - DirectX installing while

2. DirectX ERROR while installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX ERROR while installing: First, I want to send this message to windows developers, why are the new versions of windows have lot of issues, you suppose to fix everything from A-Z before you release your product to the market, to get the user's satisfaction. And if the old versions of windows like XP,...
  3. DirectX ERROR while installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX ERROR while installing: First, I want to send this message to windows developers, why are the new versions of windows have lot of issues, you suppose to fix everything from A-Z before you release your product to the market, to get the user's satisfaction. And if the old versions of windows like XP,...
  4. Error while installing Directx runtime

Error while installing Directx runtime: Whenever I launch Like a Dragon: Ishin! i get an error that says im missing Directx Runtime. When I run dxwebsetup to install directx it fails every time.The logs are here:DXError.logDirectXHow do I fix this I have tried doing a clean windows install and it didnt work....
  5. Error while installing Directx runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while installing Directx runtime: Whenever I launch Like a Dragon: Ishin! i get an error that says im missing Directx Runtime. When I run dxwebsetup to install directx it fails every time.The logs are here:DXError.logDirectXHow do I fix this I have tried doing a clean windows install and it didnt work....
  6. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  7. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  8. How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ionut88888 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvuxdv/how_do_i_fix_thiswas_trying_to_install_an_older/
  9. Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed: I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on a new SSD hard drive and fresh install. I downloaded Command and conquer generals and was able to play it. After a month of not playing it I tried to play it again yesterday and I get the error Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher...
  10. An internal error occured while installing directX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An internal error occured while installing directX: I got a new computer and installed some games, the steam launch failed to install DirectX so I went to manually do it and it failed due to some internal error, quite annoying since it's a new computer and shouldn't be having BS problems like this. Windows Version: Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. borderlands 3 direct x 12 game disapears from task manager

2. direct x installed but game not installing

3. directx was not installed properly