Windows 10: DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Discus and support DirectX not installing while trying to install a game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rasmus Saarepera, Feb 9, 2019.

1. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the game for the first time, I get a pop-up window stating "Performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (step 1 of 1)" with the loading bar doing nothing.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 43369fb7-8035-4ebb-bf0f-2bbdafec0201?upload=true.jpg

It just stands there and after about 10 seconds the window disappears and nothing. I can see from Task Manager that no background aren't running like the game or something else that would reference to installing something. After trying to install the game again, the process repeats itself and then nothing.

dxdiag for reference

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 110273ea-bbbd-40e6-bc99-9d1adfafdf70?upload=true.jpg

Tried to google about this issue, and it seems that I am not the only one having this issue. Tried some tips from here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/discussions/0/364040961436773341/

Tried setting both applications to start as administrator. Did not help because basically nothing changed besides Steam throwing up an error about starting in compatibility mode.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 95b4c3fa-622a-4f28-890c-23b8c038ce05?upload=true.jpg

Tried to run DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

( http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35 ) It didn't run to the end due to an error the loading bar went backward and said couldn't finish the installation.

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 21810d8d-4567-4ac1-aaf6-5090afb3ff94?upload=true.jpg

Same with DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime (

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 )

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game 46b138dd-fe7c-41b9-8b45-a4ca036051d8?upload=true.jpg

What could be the cause of this problem? Who should I turn to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Rasmus Saarepera, Feb 9, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Directx Will Not Install!!!!!

I would suggest that you uninstall your chipset and video drivers. Run driversweeper. Install motherboard chipset drivers, then latest video drivers. Then try installing Direct X.

erocker, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Melchizedek Qui, Feb 9, 2019
  4. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

1. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game - Similar Threads - DirectX installing while

2. Microsoft DirectX not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft DirectX not installing: Hello; I am trying to download Microsoft DirectX on my computer, but when I use the download wizard from the Microsoft website, a dialog box pops up saying "An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine...
  3. DirectX installation failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX installation failed: I can't install direct x Jun2010. It shows "an internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine problem". im trying to play gta V but it says its missing a DLL thats a part of directx. hence why im here. when i...
  4. Error installing DirectX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing DirectX: When i try to install DirectX, error appear, i check DXerror file and it show: [03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API: CreateProcess() Error: (Error 193) %1 is not a valid Win32...
  5. DirectX installation problems

DirectX installation problems: I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  6. DirectX installation problems

DirectX installation problems: I am having issues with my new Dell G7. For a few of the games that I usually play I need to run the DXsetup program, but every time I try, I get a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  7. DirectX not installed properly

DirectX not installed properly: I'm running a 64bit Windows 10 System and while trying to install Madden 19 from Origin I received the following error "A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (4294967287)" I checked using my dxdiag and im running directX...
  8. An internal error occured while installing directX

An internal error occured while installing directX: I got a new computer and installed some games, the steam launch failed to install DirectX so I went to manually do it and it failed due to some internal error, quite annoying since it's a new computer and shouldn't be having BS problems like this. Windows Version: Windows 10...
  9. Bad image error while trying to install directx error code: 0xc000012f

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad image error while trying to install directx error code: 0xc000012f: Hello. I just freshly installed Windows 10 and I'm having this error while trying to install directx through Steam or independently. [img] Tried following things; - Updating almost everything on computer. - Clean boot. - Safe mode. - sfc /scannow - installed...
  10. Not installing directx runtimes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not installing directx runtimes: Been trying to install directx runtimes since i'm missing game sounds. First I got message that A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file is valid. Followed instructions to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direct x installed but game not installing

2. directx was not installed properly