Windows 10: DirectX Not Working Windows 10

Discus and support DirectX Not Working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to get in contact with Microsoft Support as my brand new laptop is receiving DirectX errors that are preventing me from accessing Steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NightingaleZK, Jan 25, 2020.

1. DirectX Not Working Windows 10

I'm trying to get in contact with Microsoft Support as my brand new laptop is receiving DirectX errors that are preventing me from accessing Steam Games, and downloading DirectX versions to correct the pop-up errors that do occur and crash my steam.

Here's what happens:

1 Try to start Steam game; game begins launch with first time set up, but after loading will stop running altogether.

2 When attempting to run Steam as administrator I run into the same issue with no resolve.

3 When attempting to validate files via -> properties ->local files -> verify integrity of game files; all files are successfully validated but have the same original problem.

4 Attempting to install DirectX SDK dxwebsetup results in a pop-up stating: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem.

5 I try to look up the locations on my computer, they don't exist, at least not by that file name because I can't find them anywhere.

6 Was recommended to run CMD as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" which the computer found corrupted files which I don't know how a brand new computer has corrupted files when all I've installed is mainstream programs such as Discord, Skype, Malwarebytes, Driver Easy, Steam, Minecraft, and Cockatrice. that were then cleaned out, but this didn't resolve the original problem either.

:)

NightingaleZK, Jan 25, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 25, 2020
  3. directx and windows 10

Hi,

DirectX is a set of components in Windows that allows software, primarily and especially games, to work directly with your video and audio hardware.
    In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which DirectX version are you currently using?
    • Which DirectX version are you installing?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 25, 2020
  4. DirectX Not Working Windows 10

Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

DirectX Not Working Windows 10

1. DirectX Not Working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DirectX Working

2. I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...

in Cortana
    I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in...: I have recently installed directx 12. but now my windows search bar is not working and in settings, the search is not working. and both are closing when i am typing anything.windows information:windows 10 x64 bit8 GB ramintel core i3 3240CPU: Dell optiplex 30103.40 Ghz speed...
  3. how to get DirectX .9 to work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get DirectX .9 to work on windows 11: I have been trying to play an old game and I need direct x .9 for it and I've tried every runtime installer and it still wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-directx-9-to-work-on-windows-11/a69e5d4d-b63c-484c-9de4-660636ad791e
  4. how to get DirectX .9 to work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get DirectX .9 to work on windows 11: I have been trying to play an old game and I need direct x .9 for it and I've tried every runtime installer and it still wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-directx-9-to-work-on-windows-11/a69e5d4d-b63c-484c-9de4-660636ad791e
  5. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  6. Directx 11 not working on directx 12

Directx 11 not working on directx 12: Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed...
  7. Vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11: please fix the problem with vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11***Moved from Spanish Forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vsync-not-working-in-old-games-using-directx-8-on/480fcec0-fa20-4825-94cf-37c18137d483
  8. Vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11

Vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11: please fix the problem with vsync not working in old games using directx 8 on Windows 10 and Windows 11***Moved from Spanish Forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vsync-not-working-in-old-games-using-directx-8-on/480fcec0-fa20-4825-94cf-37c18137d483
  9. Directx stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx stops working: My directx will at random stop working. When I restart my pc it starts to work again but it eventually stops. It also just started doing this one or two days ago and I have had the pc for almost a month. I have a windows 11 and a 3060....
  10. Directx stops working

Directx stops working: My directx will at random stop working. When I restart my pc it starts to work again but it eventually stops. It also just started doing this one or two days ago and I have had the pc for almost a month. I have a windows 11 and a 3060....