Windows 10: DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.

Discus and support DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm just bought a new PC with DX 12 on it and i am unable too install older version of DX too play older games I've searched for 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zer0TheOne, May 6, 2019.

1. DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.

Hello, I'm just bought a new PC with DX 12 on it and i am unable too install older version of DX too play older games

I've searched for 3 days straight now and cannot find anything that works, I've deleted and installed files in System32

tried some dodgy YouTube guides and many more things but no mater what i do i can't get it too work.

Here are some error logs from the last few time I've tried installing DX 9, hopefully they help

From Erik

--------------------

[05/06/19 20:24:54] module: dxupdate(Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6637, function: CMDXInstall::Install

Failed API: InstallAssembly()

Error: (0x80070005) - Access is denied.

Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

--------------------

[05/06/19 20:24:54] module: dxupdate(Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5796, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

MDXInstall::Install() failed.

--------------------

[05/06/19 20:24:54] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[05/06/19 20:24:54] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

:)

Zer0TheOne, May 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 6, 2019
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 6, 2019
  4. DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.

directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 6, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers.

1. DirectX Problems, unable to find any answers. - Similar Threads - DirectX Problems unable

2. Having a little problem with my computer and I can't find any answers too it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a little problem with my computer and I can't find any answers too it.: So the problem I'm having is that my mouse buttons 4 & 5 seem to tab me out of certain games that don't lock me in, games that you can usually alt-tab out of usually without having to quit the game, I don't know how it started but it's been happening for months, making my...
  3. Having a little problem with my computer and I can't find any answers too it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a little problem with my computer and I can't find any answers too it.: So the problem I'm having is that my mouse buttons 4 & 5 seem to tab me out of certain games that don't lock me in, games that you can usually alt-tab out of usually without having to quit the game, I don't know how it started but it's been happening for months, making my...
  4. Problem with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  5. I'm trying to find an answer to the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to find an answer to the problem: I wanted to ask a question to see if anyone has an answer or at least a suggestion well, my computer stopped working each time I try to use it starts by turning on and then saying administer in the windows background, and then after that, it says loading after that it says...
  6. I'm trying to find an answer to the problem

I'm trying to find an answer to the problem: I wanted to ask a question to see if anyone has an answer or at least a suggestion well, my computer stopped working each time I try to use it starts by turning on and then saying administer in the windows background, and then after that, it says loading after that it says...
  7. Finding my Answers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding my Answers: Hello, Crazy question, but how do I find a question I asked last week, so I can see any answers to it? Thank you from an old guy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-my-answers/431f521c-72e4-4327-a056-d8fda1f1ef49
  8. Blue screen's of death, can't find any answers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen's of death, can't find any answers.: Minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCTiwBgIe6utH0JO5SZuwvXWpAcjkjmH/view?usp=sharing Windows keeps crashing and I'm still unsure whether its a hardware or software issue. Sometimes Chrome will freeze as well. I'd appreciate any help, and here's what WhoCrashed told...
  9. DirectX Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Problems: Rainbow Six (this runs DirectX) crashes when i try to launch it and i get an error:[ATTACH] Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried verifying the integrity (this game is on Steam) but to no avail. I have tried reinstalling my drivers and...
  10. DirectX Problems

DirectX Problems: Having fun with DirectX, tells me internal error? I tried installed Mass Effect and got so far, then Crash! direct X failure. Other games crash and report direct x problem? dxdiag tells me my dx is up to date and does not needs installing In process of full reinstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to play the some games because of directx windows 10