Windows 10: DirectX Problems?

Discus and support DirectX Problems? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm honestly not sure if I'm in the right place for this, but I'm really striking out so I thought I would see if one of you learned people can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeriousMusician, Feb 23, 2019.

1. DirectX Problems?

Hello,

I'm honestly not sure if I'm in the right place for this, but I'm really striking out so I thought I would see if one of you learned people can help me!

I have a new PC and am noticing that there are issues with DirectX and my games. Older games that can't use DirectX 12 fail to start at all on Steam. It says "running" next to the game's name on Steam and then nothing happens. Total War: Warhammer can start in DirectX 12, but not DirectX 11.

TW: Shogun 2, Dawn of War II and Retribution, and TW: Rome II fail to start at all.

The reason I think this may be DirectX related is twofold: first the issue with Warhammer only launching on DirectX 12 and second that I get an internal system error when trying to install one of the DirectX executables either from Microsoft or included in one of the game files.

I have tried running in compatibility mode, uninstalling and reinstalling the games multiple times, deleting various DX.dll things and then running sfc/scannow, verifying game cache in Steam, various game-specific "fixes" for similar problems. No luck.

Can anyone help me to install DirectX again? Or to definitively test whether older versions of DirectX are functioning as promised? I know it is supposed to be backwards compatible, but so far I am having a lot of trouble!

:)

SeriousMusician, Feb 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX Problems?

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Problems?

1. DirectX Problems? - Similar Threads - DirectX Problems

2. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running: Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5...
  3. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running: Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5...
  4. Problem with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  5. Problem with DirectX

Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  6. Problem with DirectX

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  8. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  9. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

10. Problem With Installkng Directx in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Installkng Directx in Windows 7: Hello guys, I'm having a bit trouble during my installation of Directx in Windows 7 Professional. Whenever I try to use the dxwebstup to install it, there's always this message that prevents the installation to complete:"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 direct x fehler

2. windows 10 directx 9 crash

3. dawn of war ii fails to launch not responding