Windows 10: Directx repeatedly failing

Discus and support Directx repeatedly failing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my computer has been having an issue for some time now. Sometimes DirectX just stops. When I go to launch a game (this happens over a variety of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyBrinson, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Directx repeatedly failing

So my computer has been having an issue for some time now. Sometimes DirectX just stops. When I go to launch a game (this happens over a variety of them), I get an error message, usually something along the lines of it being unable to find the graphical device, DirectX stopping, etc. Once this triggers, only restarting the computer fixes it...until the next break. One thing that seems to almost guarantee it happening is any time I tab or minimize a full-screen game. I'm getting tired of having to restart my computer over and over and over again when this happens, and nothing I've done has fixed it. I've reinstalled and updated graphics drivers, I've downloaded and installed Windows updates.

I haven't tried reinstalling Windows itself, but I don't want the nightmare of having to reinstall dozens of programs and games and get everything set right, not to mention the computer didn't originally come with Windows 10, and I don't remember where the product key for my copy ended up. I know a bit about computer, but honestly I think I'm beyond my depth in this and growing more and more frustrated. Does anyone know of a solution that doesn't involve potentially having to reinstall the OS, or anything that would make my time with that easier?

Thanks

Edit:

I have a Radeon RX 580 video card, so it's not that it's an old card

:)

AndyBrinson, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Melchizedek Qui, Jun 24, 2019
  3. DirectX installation failed

Thank you for the update. Please verify if DirectX June 2010 is being offered via Windows Update. If your computer is already running DirectX 12, it has backwards compatibility with the previous version of DirectX. Moreover, you may also want to consider
    performing the suggested steps in this article.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Directx repeatedly failing

windows backup is repeatedly failing

windows backup is repeatedly failing due to some spp and vss problem. show step by step how to clear the problem and continue backup

anjaneyamurthynarumanchi, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Directx repeatedly failing

1. Directx repeatedly failing - Similar Threads - Directx repeatedly failing

2. DirectX Setup Fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Setup Fail: Whenever I try to load up a game it pulls up "missing DSOUND.dll". Looked up on YouTube multiple ways to fix that and none of them have been much help. I've downloaded dxwebsetup, DXSDK_Jun10, dotnetfx35, and have tried to replace the missing .dll file....
  3. DirectX Setup Fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Setup Fail: Whenever I try to load up a game it pulls up "missing DSOUND.dll". Looked up on YouTube multiple ways to fix that and none of them have been much help. I've downloaded dxwebsetup, DXSDK_Jun10, dotnetfx35, and have tried to replace the missing .dll file....
  4. DirectX Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Install Failed: Hello. Does anyone have the same error, I went back from window 10 to window 10 LTSC Enterprise and tried to install direct x, but still it didn't work, I thought the error so I went back to the latest Window 10 now is H2, but it still can't install - I tried to install it...
  5. DirectX Install Fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Install Fails: I have tried everything recommended as well as anything else I could possibly find on the internet to install DirectX and continue to have it fail time and time again. I’ve tried each of these several times some of them dozens of times: - Normal installs as well as...
  6. DirectX installation failed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX installation failed on Windows 10: [ATTACH]When it comes to Windows 10, we always keep on searching for the drivers and software on the internet. Now, some of you may say […] This article DirectX installation failed on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. DirectX fails to get input info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX fails to get input info: I recently changed my hardware motherboard and RAM and did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. Ever since then, half of the time I try to boot a game that uses DirectX, the game fails to launch and/or crashes. This issue can be temporarily remedied by restarting the PC, but...
  8. DirectX installation failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX installation failed: I am currently attempting to install DirectX 9 for my games, however I am currently running into problems. The application has consistently thrown me an "an internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine...
  9. DirectX installation failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX installation failed: I can't install direct x Jun2010. It shows "an internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine problem". im trying to play gta V but it says its missing a DLL thats a part of directx. hence why im here. when i...
  10. repeat fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repeat fail: 0x800703e3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeat-fail/2a3a55bd-2b52-4c84-a95b-14d60522eb75

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is directt x keep failing