Windows 10: DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game

Discus and support DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi , I am trying to play Team Fortess 2 on my new laptop. However the games keeps crashing as soon as it starts . I checked Windows Event logs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farhankhan8, Dec 14, 2018.

1. DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game

Hi ,

I am trying to play Team Fortess 2 on my new laptop. However the games keeps crashing as soon as it starts . I checked Windows Event logs and found the following error :

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game c810d061-b10d-43af-9495-fd83e394976f?upload=true.png

While the above error was not very helpful , because it did not provide me a faulting module name , however just before the above error in Evntvwr , i saw the following entry :

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game aa82d412-5e8a-4f31-8f42-adf74db64a53?upload=true.png

This made me think that the error could be related to DirectX , as the game does try to do a DirectX setup when I launch it and then crashes. So I ran the DXSETUP.exe mentioned in the above path as administrator. And sure enough, DirectX setup fails with the following error :

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game 6111f7fb-10be-4639-a10d-18f5d9edf4d2?upload=true.png

In checking the DXError.log & DirectX.log under C:\Windows\logs I see the following errors

DXError.log:

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game af4800a7-ef3a-4daa-ba06-5c87c1281f8b?upload=true.png

I am perplexed by the access denied error because I am already running the setup as Administrator. And I have already run

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) too ( DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth ) AND

sfc /scannow

Both of them did not show any errors or apparent problems.

How do I fix this error so I can play one of my fav games please?

:)

farhankhan8, Dec 14, 2018

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 14, 2018
  4. devtalan Win User

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game

DirectX 9.0 Web setup error creating process

when i started playing my new game it asked for a d3dx9_43.dll.

so i decided to install directX with web setup but when i decided to do so an error

occurred

devtalan, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game

1. DirectX Setup Keeps throwing error, preventing me to play a game - Similar Threads - DirectX Setup Keeps

2. DirectX throws errors when gaming with only integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX throws errors when gaming with only integrated GPU: I'm using Intel integrated GPU HD Graphics 630 and played a game. I got an error, probably GPU memory related, see screenshot below. There is a long partially in-game-cinematics scene in the game, which I cannot skip and this error happens every time on the exact same time...
  3. DirectX throws errors when gaming with only integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX throws errors when gaming with only integrated GPU: I'm using Intel integrated GPU HD Graphics 630 and played a game. I got an error, probably GPU memory related, see screenshot below. There is a long partially in-game-cinematics scene in the game, which I cannot skip and this error happens every time on the exact same time...
  4. DirectX throws errors when gaming with only integrated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DirectX error appearing and preventing a game to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX error appearing and preventing a game to start: Greetings, community!A strange error is appearing when I try to first-open a game Sam & Max Save The World the remake, yes. Game devs that I have contacted before coming here couldn't find any problems on their side. My PC specs are completely comply with minimums that are...
  6. DirectX error appearing and preventing a game to start

DirectX error appearing and preventing a game to start: Greetings, community!A strange error is appearing when I try to first-open a game Sam & Max Save The World the remake, yes. Game devs that I have contacted before coming here couldn't find any problems on their side. My PC specs are completely comply with minimums that are...
  7. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game: I have been having this 2 errors while playing the game for more than 7 months now, and ive tried all the solutions out there but nothing worked, tried different drivers, windows updates, different windows, windows 10 and 11 and tries reinstalling games and verified them as...
  8. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game: I have been having this 2 errors while playing the game for more than 7 months now, and ive tried all the solutions out there but nothing worked, tried different drivers, windows updates, different windows, windows 10 and 11 and tries reinstalling games and verified them as...
  9. Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.: Well, i just bought a new laptop, it came with directx 12, problem goes when i try to play any steam game, before launching any game it tries to install directx but cant. i tried to solve it by myself with a manual installation, didnt work out in anyway. I tried updating all...
  10. DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.: New computer, trying to install + play some games, when they always refuse to boot due to directX not being set up. one of the errors states "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_43.dll was not found". However, attempting to install directX gives the error " An...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mu computer keeps givimg me directx errors

2. having probems downloading directx on my new computer

3. getting directx errors when playing games

4. i am trying to download a game and it is saying tht redistributing directx,
  5. directx internal error install,
  6. directx setup error windows 10