Windows 10: DirectX Update "PASSWORD"?

Discus and support DirectX Update "PASSWORD"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I stupidly gave unsupervised access to a "friend" for an extended time period recently and was eventually presented with a DirectX popup box requesting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MansourKaddissi, Nov 9, 2019.

1. DirectX Update "PASSWORD"?

I stupidly gave unsupervised access to a "friend" for an extended time period recently and was eventually presented with a DirectX popup box requesting an administrator account name and password confirmation to begin the DirectX update.

I have only seen it once, as a test-update I performed using a dxwebsetup.exe seemed to not be hindered by said password.

I am probably after reassurance and not a possible solution to a problem. But either way is a o k...

:)

MansourKaddissi, Nov 9, 2019

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 9, 2019
  3. DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Nov 9, 2019
  4. DirectX Update "PASSWORD"?

How to update Directx

Hi Javier,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates.

Launch Windows Updates from Start >
    Settings
    > Update and Recovery and click
    Check for Updates. (Make sure you have an active Internet connection) and install all the available Windows Updates.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall the Display Adapter driver and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it and check if it fixes the issue.

Check if it helps.

Reference:

DirectX 12 and Windows 10 | DirectX Developer Blog

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

DirectX Update "PASSWORD"?

1. DirectX Update "PASSWORD"? - Similar Threads - DirectX Update PASSWORD

2. DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX: I have DirectX 12 and I can't play Valorant, I've looked everywhere to try find out how to download DirectX 11 so I can play but I sadly haven't found anything.. When I try and press play a popup comes u and it says, DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. But...
  3. DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX: I have DirectX 12 and I can't play Valorant, I've looked everywhere to try find out how to download DirectX 11 so I can play but I sadly haven't found anything.. When I try and press play a popup comes u and it says, DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. But...
  4. Directx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx: Hey ya'll, I've been trying to download an old computer game on my new windows 11 computer. The game is a cd rom game, and I have been using my external hard drive to connect it. My computer that is around 3ish years old was able to download this old game correctly and I can...
  5. Directx

Directx: Hey ya'll, I've been trying to download an old computer game on my new windows 11 computer. The game is a cd rom game, and I have been using my external hard drive to connect it. My computer that is around 3ish years old was able to download this old game correctly and I can...
  6. Directx 11 10.0 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 10.0 update: I have directx 11 with its version 9.17.10.4229. i want to update it to 10.0 or above. Im using DirectX End-Uer Runtime Web Installer but its not update. how to get it update...
  7. Directx 11 10.0 update

Directx 11 10.0 update: I have directx 11 with its version 9.17.10.4229. i want to update it to 10.0 or above. Im using DirectX End-Uer Runtime Web Installer but its not update. how to get it update...
  8. DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX: When I go to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool on my pc and go into the system tab it shows DirectX Version 12, yet when I go into Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel it shows DirtectX version 10.1. I cannot play any games that require DirectX version 11 or higher, Is there a...
  9. DirectX Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX Update: I am trying to install Fresco for my HP Spectre x360 15 and the requirements call for DirectX 12.1. I currently am running DirectX 12, is there a way to update to DX12.1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-update/63205e18-2dce-43a0-a30a-5a77dd19c384
  10. DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX: i have directx 12 and i need to go back to directx 11 because my laptop tells me that directx 11 is not responding as im trying to play F1 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/directx/c78dacec-7154-4326-ac57-28168c31b0b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password directx 11 setup

2. password directx 11