Windows 10: Directx wont download no matter what :(

Discus and support Directx wont download no matter what :( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and wanted to play a game that required dirext x but it will not install! Any recommendations or help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shamenspace, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Directx wont download no matter what :(

I just bought a new computer and wanted to play a game that required dirext x but it will not install! Any recommendations or help?

:)

shamenspace, Jun 25, 2019

2. Directx wont download no matter what Directx wont download no matter what :( :(

Hello,

What is the exact problem with DirectX? You are not able to download it or not able to Install it?

If you are not able to download it, then change the web browser and download from the official website [ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 ]

If you are having trouble with the installation, then make sure to run the setup with Administrative Privileges. Also, the issue might be with the installer, so refrain from downloading DirectX Installer from unknown sites.

RogerBinny, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Directx wont download no matter what Directx wont download no matter what :( :(

Download DirectX from
    Microsoft

Toni Elias, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Directx wont download no matter what :(

Directx wont download no matter what Directx wont download no matter what :( :(

Hi shamenspace

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Windows 10 which includes DirectX 12 includes the necessary run times for older versions of DirectX. So, you should be able to install older games using compatibility mode.

Run Old Software on Windows 10 with Compatibility Mode - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/run-old-softwa...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

If the above does not work, open Start, type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to the following keys:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DirectX

Then change the key 4.09.00.0904 to 4.08.00.0904

Try launching your game

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Directx wont download no matter what :(

1. Directx wont download no matter what :( - Similar Threads - Directx wont download

2. My Xbox app wont open no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox app wont open no matter what: I have been having this problem for months and I recently got rid of Xbox game pass because of this issue. I did every single thing in the video that follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ztTR_631s0 and more. I even had my dad who used to fix computers as a business, and...
  3. My Xbox app wont open no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox app wont open no matter what: I have been having this problem for months and I recently got rid of Xbox game pass because of this issue. I did every single thing in the video that follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ztTR_631s0 and more. I even had my dad who used to fix computers as a business, and...
  4. Microsoft store wont open no matter what

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont open no matter what: I wanted to install an app once when i noticed the store wont open, i looked up online guides and such and tried a few things such as using wsreset, reinstalling with powershell, and terminating and resseting the app in settings. Nothing worked so i went further, at first i...
  5. Microsoft store wont open no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont open no matter what: I wanted to install an app once when i noticed the store wont open, i looked up online guides and such and tried a few things such as using wsreset, reinstalling with powershell, and terminating and resseting the app in settings. Nothing worked so i went further, at first i...
  6. Microsoft store wont open no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DirectX download ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX download ?: Hi all, I just reset my computer today and I tried to redownload and run some games, but they all say that the d3dx9_39.dll file is missing. Upon searching online many say to download DirectX, but the DIrectX download on Microsoft's pages are all missing. Anyone know what's...
  8. My camera wont work NO MATTER WHAT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera wont work NO MATTER WHAT: I remember maybe two months ago it worked fine but now it says No Cameras are attached with an error code. i have uninstalled pretty much everything i can think of that wont screw things up but still there is no success. i googled a steo by step walk through and still it wont...
  9. DirectX errors and DirectX wont install, no matter what

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX errors and DirectX wont install, no matter what: I tried to ask help at Microsoft chat help, but they really didnt know what to do. Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH, Windows 10 - 64bit All Windows Updates installed, no new updates found. The background story: Installed Steam, installed Dead By Daylight, launched the game and...
  10. Windows wont boot no matter what

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows wont boot no matter what: Hello 2days ago i ran a disk check/repair or whatever its called, i had to restart my system to make the disk repair start.After i restarted the repair stucked at 25% so i restarted again to log into windows.When i logged into windows most of my files werent working (mostly...