Windows 10: DirectX

Discus and support DirectX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I wait like 2-3 hours and forza finally finishes downloading. So I open it excited, ready to play and it says: Thank you for installing Forza. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James[...], Jun 5, 2020.

1. DirectX

So, I wait like 2-3 hours and forza finally finishes downloading. So I open it excited, ready to play and it says: Thank you for installing Forza. And it says a bunch of stuff and than it says Graphics card does not support DX12 DirectX 0882c666-c3b4-4af2-a16e-e4e0cc5cf1cf?upload=true.png

So I check DirectX diagnostics and it says I have DX12. Here's the info

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/5/2020, 09:11:57

Machine name: DESKTOP-DNMRG2

Machine Id: {948AFE0B-8C7C-486A-BB21-80CAAFADA025}

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

Language: English Regional Setting: English

System Manufacturer: LENOVO

System Model: 3853RN9

BIOS: LENOVO BIOS Rev: 1.0 type: BIOS

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 4 CPUs, ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7862MB RAM

Page File: 3441MB used, 6341MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Not Available

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: Unknown

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Please help

:)

James[...], Jun 5, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Jun 5, 2020
  4. DirectX

Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

DirectX

1. DirectX - Similar Threads - DirectX

2. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  3. i can't download DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't download DirectX: I encounter this problem every two Windows installations or so, and I don't want to have to reinstall my Windows every time this issue occurs. The problem is with DirectX. When I try to install it, I get this error: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to the...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  5. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  6. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have a PC with DirectX version 12. Yet, when I try to play roblox, it tells me I need a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a PC with DirectX version 12. Yet, when I try to play roblox, it tells me I need a...: I tried multiple times to fix this, restarted and booted my PC, and yet I can't open roblox. Please help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-pc-with-directx-version-12-yet-when-i-try/7a25a41e-255c-4126-aca2-3724f36b9466
  8. I have a PC with DirectX version 12. Yet, when I try to play roblox, it tells me I need a...

I have a PC with DirectX version 12. Yet, when I try to play roblox, it tells me I need a...: I tried multiple times to fix this, restarted and booted my PC, and yet I can't open roblox. Please help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-pc-with-directx-version-12-yet-when-i-try/7a25a41e-255c-4126-aca2-3724f36b9466
  9. How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?: Every each of my childhood games need old versions of directx espicially directx9.. when i try to open it it always says searching for required files and it starts to eternal search for hours. I use directx 12 but my system acts like i have missing files from older versions...
  10. How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?

How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?: Every each of my childhood games need old versions of directx espicially directx9.. when i try to open it it always says searching for required files and it starts to eternal search for hours. I use directx 12 but my system acts like i have missing files from older versions...