Windows 10: Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support

Discus and support Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone point me at any signs the directx9 support will end in Windows 10 any time soon? I guess it will depend on the desktop window manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardLince, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support

Hi, can anyone point me at any signs the directx9 support will end in Windows 10 any time soon?

I guess it will depend on the desktop window manager support.

Not interested in gaming, I'm interesting in fresh compiled app code / interface support (dx9 is more efficient than 10,11,12 for memory handling in video).

Cheers.

Rich.

:)

RichardLince, Jun 1, 2019

2. DirectX 9 Wont Install on Windows 10

Title says it.

I want DX9 for older games. When I try the install, I get a dialogue box that pops up saying, "You must be running Windows 98, Millennium Edition, Windows Server 2003 Family ton install Directx 9.0."

I'm guessing I'm at the wrong link as not even Windows 7 is listed.

I'd appreciate pointing me in the right direction for installing Directx 9 on Windows 10 64bit.

Please and thank you!

ChrisBurkhart1, Jun 1, 2019
  3. neilpzz Win User
    DirectX

If you run dxdiag from the run command and select Display you should see DirectX 9 is supported.

Why do you think running a game in DX9 is unsafe.

neilpzz, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support

DirectX9 CreateDeviceEx fails with D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Thanks for the suggestion .. but I am restricted to DirectX9 for now, Legacy support reasons.

Hork Bajir, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support

1. Directx9 Directx 9 dx9 EOL End Of Life Support - Similar Threads - Directx9 Directx dx9

2. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. End of life message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of life message: My version of Windows Pro, Dev Ver 21376 .1 Evaluation copy Exp 2021-10-31 2:25 PMis displaying a "end of life" message in the taskbar. I have attempted all the remedies suggested update. reinstalled windows etc to no avail. Any suggestions?...
  5. directx 9 dowload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 9 dowload: Hi, since yesterday it has appeared that I am unable to download because apparently the file is not found. I used the official link and it says that "this download is no longer available" Can we have any update what's the play with this? Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 EOL End of life

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 EOL End of life: So I was researching if I should get a Windows Laptop and I scroll through the end of life products and i see this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro , so is windows 10 going to end mainstream support like xp, vista, 7, etc?...
  7. Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for Intel Dual AC 3160 End of life - therefore end of support: So, Intel finally came out and admitted that their wireless network adapter drivers were the cause of many BSOD issues for many people, and they have finally released updated drivers for most wireless adapters, save for a few including the one on my laptop the Dual Band AC...
  8. Flash end of life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash end of life: I understand that flash will no longer be supported in explorer/edge browser after end 2020. However i am wondering if it will still be possible to run desktop version of Flash in windows 10....
  9. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  10. Directx 9 missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Directx 9 missing?: Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have always been in the fast ring. All of a sudden with the latest build, I can't install apps that require Directx Version 9. The...